Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Conditional merge using vi
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Conditional merge using vi Post 302449126 by radoulov on Saturday 28th of August 2010 02:55:29 PM
Old 08-28-2010
vi or vim?

This should work with vim:

Code:
:%s/\(pattern\)\(.*\n\)\{3}\(.*\)\n\(.*\)/\3\4/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional statement

Hi Does Unix have a conditional statement like Java as follows: Condition ? Statement1 : Statement2 Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - conditional cause

Hello guys, I want to make a conditional cause in the following file using awk: awk '{ if ($2 != 0) print $1, $2, $3}' test.csv > test2.csv FILE EXAMPLE = test.csv string,number,date abc,0,20050101 def,1,20060101 ghi,2,20040101 jkl,12,20090101 mno,123,20020101 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rafael.Buria
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional email

Some one please help me: I need to perl code for a conditional block: I believe I need to put the $email->send; command in a conditional block that checks if $duplicate_ip or $duplicate_host is defined, and then send the email. How can I do that: use strict; use warnings; use MIME::Lite;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricky007
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional FTP

Hi Have a Nice Day i m stuck with this quite easy task assume that i m in certain directory and i open a ftp connection from there to some other directory and in second directory there are like so many files from july 02 till today what would be the simple unix command to ftp all files from this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dastard
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

conditional

conditional is not wworking can any one figure out what goes wrong xx1=`$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s apps/ostgapps1 2>/dev/null << EOF WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT 1 set head off feedback off ; WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE; select count(*) from CMS_INVOICE_ALL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u263066
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If conditional

Hi, I am new to unix and shell scripting.In my script,there is a line using the "if" conditional - if && ; then do something Here "x" is a variable holding string value.If it is not equal to a comma or a string,only then I want to enter the "if" loop. But I am getting error while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhinavsinha
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If conditional

Hi, I am new to unix and shell scripting.In my script,there is a line using the "if" conditional - if && ; then do something Here "x" is a variable holding string value.If it is not equal to a comma or a string,only then I want to enter the "if" loop. But I am getting error while... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinavsinha
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional variables

if {-a file} if {-s file} what it will do if {-z string} what it will do please help on this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional replacement

Hi all, I need a bash, sed, awk script or one liner to do the following task: This is the format of a text file: 2010-06-11 20:01 902656 HOP-W-100412-1.doc 2010-11-05 18:01 364447 NEX-W-101104-1 2010-07-06 10:01 64512 Cerintele 2010-07-06 10:01 599420 content 2010-07-19 14:01 1785344... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: supervazi
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional execution

Here's an interesting (to me, anyway) little puzzle. Background: I have a process that restores a number of large(ish) files from tape backup. As an individual file is being written, it is owned by root, then the ownership is changed when that file is complete. Since this process can take... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
3 Replies
VIMTUTOR(1)						      General Commands Manual						       VIMTUTOR(1)

NAME
vimtutor - the Vim tutor SYNOPSIS
vimtutor [-g] [language] DESCRIPTION
Vimtutor starts the Vim tutor. It copies the tutor file first, so that it can be modified without changing the original file. The Vimtutor is useful for people that want to learn their first Vim commands. The optional argument -g starts vimtutor with gvim rather than vim, if the GUI version of vim is available, or falls back to Vim if gvim is not found. The optional [language] argument is the two-letter name of a language, like "it" or "es". If the [language] argument is missing, the lan- guage of the current locale will be used. If a tutor in this language is available, it will be used. Otherwise the English version will be used. Vim is always started in Vi compatible mode. FILES
/usr/local/lib/vim/tutor/tutor[.language] The Vimtutor text file(s). /usr/local/lib/vim/tutor/tutor.vim The Vim script used to copy the Vimtutor text file. AUTHOR
The Vimtutor was originally written for Vi by Michael C. Pierce and Robert K. Ware, Colorado School of Mines using ideas supplied by Charles Smith, Colorado State University. E-mail: bware@mines.colorado.edu. It was modified for Vim by Bram Moolenaar. For the names of the translators see the tutor files. SEE ALSO
vim(1) 2001 April 2 VIMTUTOR(1)