Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pass a DDL statement to a KSH script Post 302449123 by gayathree on Saturday 28th of August 2010 02:53:30 PM
Old 08-28-2010
Thanks Agama, I can build other conditions using this template.
Could you please share the database_connect function too?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass variable to SQLPLUS in a ksh script?

Hi, I am writing a ksh script which will use sqlplus to run a sql and pass 2 variables as the SQL request. In the ksh script, I have 2 variables which are $min_snap and $max_snap holding 2 different numbers. Inside the same script, I am using SQLPLUS to run an Oracle SQL script,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwunwla
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with if statement in ksh script

I need a way to grep for a string in a file and if it finds it, to print set a variable to "Yes", if it doesn't find the string in a file to set the variable to "No". I plan on using these variables to print a table that lists whether the string was found or not. For example print "File ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stepnkev
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I can't seem to pass variables properly into a nawk statement

Ok, So up front I'm going to say that I'm a very elementary scripter, and I tend to use tools I don't fully understand, but I shotgun at something until I can get it to work...that said, I can't for the life of me understand why I can't get this to go down the way I want it to. The goal: -to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use if statement in ksh script

Hi, I need to compare two variables using if condition and i am not sure if am right or wrong. My code is like : if then echo "new file" else echo "old file and remove it" fi where both variables contain time : filetime contains the time when a file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmeet
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call an sql script inside a while statement in KSH

Hi all, I'm trying to run an sql inside a loop which looks like this #!bin/ksh while IFS=, read var1 var2 do sqlplus -s ${USERNAME}/${PASSWORD}@${ORACLE_SID} << EOF insert into ${TABLE} ( appt_date ) values ( '${var1 }' ); ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryukishin_17
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use loop to convert a DML statement into DDL?

Hi Unix Gurus, I am a newb. I am creating a script which will use an input file. This input file can have 1 or more than 1 DML staments like INSERT/DELETE/UPDATE. I have to execute these statements using my script but before execution of these DML statements, I need to check the count for... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass tablenames from a file to shell script to execute create statement in DB2

Hi, I am new to Shell Scripting, and I need to create nicknames for 600 tables in db2. I have the file names in a text file and i have to pass these table names to a shell script create nicknames in db2. Can some one please help me in this regard. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamalanaatha
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script trying to pass a variable to edit a file

I'm trying to create a ksh script that will ask the user for the port number. $PORT1 is the variable I want to use that will contain whatever numbers the user inputs. The script would edit ports.txt file, search and delete "./serv 110.1.0.1.$PORT1 200;=3" . So if the user types 50243 then the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass cat file in awk statement?

Hi, I am working on kernel parameters, want to check values under /proc/sys/kernel below I tried for kernel.sem SEMMNS: 4096 cat /proc/sys/kernel/sem | awk '{print $2}' awk '{ if ($2 < 33000) print }' /proc/sys/kernel/sem |awk '{print $2}' 32000 The above... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass and read an array in ksh shell script function.?

I'm able to read & print an array in varaible called "filelist" I need to pass this array variable to a function called verify() and then read and loop through the passed array inside the function. Unfortunately it does not print the entire array from inside the funstion's loop. #/bin/ksh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
EXECUTE(7)						  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation						EXECUTE(7)

NAME
EXECUTE - execute a prepared statement SYNOPSIS
EXECUTE name [ ( parameter [, ...] ) ] DESCRIPTION
EXECUTE is used to execute a previously prepared statement. Since prepared statements only exist for the duration of a session, the prepared statement must have been created by a PREPARE statement executed earlier in the current session. If the PREPARE statement that created the statement specified some parameters, a compatible set of parameters must be passed to the EXECUTE statement, or else an error is raised. Note that (unlike functions) prepared statements are not overloaded based on the type or number of their parameters; the name of a prepared statement must be unique within a database session. For more information on the creation and usage of prepared statements, see PREPARE(7). PARAMETERS
name The name of the prepared statement to execute. parameter The actual value of a parameter to the prepared statement. This must be an expression yielding a value that is compatible with the data type of this parameter, as was determined when the prepared statement was created. OUTPUTS
The command tag returned by EXECUTE is that of the prepared statement, and not EXECUTE. EXAMPLES
Examples are given in the EXAMPLES section of the PREPARE(7) documentation. COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard includes an EXECUTE statement, but it is only for use in embedded SQL. This version of the EXECUTE statement also uses a somewhat different syntax. SEE ALSO
DEALLOCATE(7), PREPARE(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 EXECUTE(7)