Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to expand who command?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to expand who command? Post 302448937 by guitarscn on Friday 27th of August 2010 01:00:04 PM
Old 08-27-2010
"pool-92-199-17-1" is not my full hostname (it has a couple more numbers). I want it to display the full thing

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Terminal Expand

hi guys. i have written a script/program and i would strongly prefer if this script automatically expands the user's terminal whenever he or she starts the script. this is so the script/program can fit on the user's screeen without user having to manually drag and spread his screen. what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

expand logic for > and <

Hi Input A12345678901234567890 < A12345678901234567890 AND C12345678901234567890 < D12345678901234567890 AND E12345678901234567890 > F12345678901234567890 If the length of the line at any point exceed more than 60 chars it should come to next line but it should not break a variable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using expand on multiple files

I want to convert all leading tabs to spaces in all PHP files in a certain folder, recursively. I have successfully used "expand" to do this on one file at a time by doing something like this: expand -i file.php > file.php How would I convert all leading tabs to spaces in all PHP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattalexx
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Expand ufs Filesystems

Hi All, I need to expand a number of Filesystems on a Sun machine running Solaris 10 OS. But first I am confused; 1. Is it possible to expand a ufs filesystem such as /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 (that is not managed by SVM) without lossing existing data? 2. Is it possible to have such a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atogunde
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

expand and uuencode...

I have a log file that looks fine when you view it in Unix but when I send it as an attachment to myself it looses its formatting... so I am using "expand" to replace the tabs with spaces and the format looks good. The code below works great but I was wondering if there was a way to do this without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sethcoop
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to expand the same word?

Hi All, May I know how to expand the words? e.g: a aa aaa aaaa I have try to use for (i=0;i<5;i++) do c="a" echo -n $c done but the output is aaaaa. Is it need to use array?:confused: Thanks for your help! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
5 Replies

7. AIX

Expand LUN

Hello all, I have the following env: * DS4300 storage SAN * AIX 5.3 Lpar (storage through vio server) * AIX 5.3 Server Some FS are too small do I'm setting up a process to increase the size of the FS. To expand the size of the FS I plan to do the following for the physical AIX server,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

8. AIX

Expand LV

Under the df command, one of my logical volumes, /dev/hd4, was showing 100% Used, so I added 2 logical partitions, but its still showing 100% used. Is there a separate command I need to execute to reallocate? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to expand three LVMs?

Hello All, It goes like this.. I have increased the data hard drive of server by 100GB and rebooted the server. I want to expand each of the LVM's by 30GB each .There are totally three LVMS to be expanded.Any help on complete commands that needs to be followed?Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
condor_reconfig(1)					      General Commands Manual						condor_reconfig(1)

Name
       condor_reconfig Reconfigure - Condor daemons

Synopsis
       condor_reconfig [-help -version]

condor_reconfig[-debug]	[-pool	centralmanagerhostname[:portnumber]]  [-name  hostnamehostname-addr  "<a.b.c.d:port>""<a.b.c.d:port>"-con-
       straint expression-all] [-daemon daemonname]

Description
       condor_reconfigreconfigures all of the Condor daemons in accordance with the current status  of	the  Condor  configuration  file(s).  Once
       reconfiguration	is  complete, the daemons will behave according to the policies stated in the configuration file(s). The main exception is
       with the  DAEMON_LIST variable, which will only be updated if the condor_restartcommand is used. Other  configuration  variables  that  can
       only  be  changed  if  the Condor daemons are restarted are listed in section 3.3.1on page . In general, condor_reconfigshould be used when
       making changes to the configuration files, since it is faster and more efficient than restarting the daemons.

The command condor_reconfigwith no arguments or with the -daemon masteroption will cause the reconfiguration of the condor_masterdaemon and
       all the child processes of the condor_master.

For  security  purposes	(authentication  and authorization), this command requires an administrator's level of access. See section 3.6.1on
       page for further explanation.

Options
       -help

Display usage information

-version

Display version information

-debug

Causes debugging information to be sent to  stderr , based on the value of the configuration variable  TOOL_DEBUG

-pool centralmanagerhostname[:portnumber]

Specify a pool by giving the central manager's host name and an optional port number

-name hostname

Send the command to a machine identified by hostname

hostname

Send the command to a machine identified by hostname

-addr <a.b.c.d:port>

Send the command to a machine's master located at "<a.b.c.d:port>"

<a.b.c.d:port>

Send the command to a machine located at "<a.b.c.d:port>"

-constraint expression

Apply this command only to machines matching the given ClassAd expression

-all

Send the command to all machines in the pool

-daemon daemonname

Send the command to the named daemon. Without this option, the command is sent to the condor_masterdaemon.

Exit Status
       condor_reconfigwill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the value 1 (one) upon failure.

Examples
       To reconfigure the condor_masterand all its children on the local host:

% condor_reconfig

To reconfigure only the condor_startdon a named machine:

% condor_reconfig  -name bluejay -daemon startd

To reconfigure a machine within a pool other than the local pool, use the -pooloption. The argument is the name of the central manager  for
       the  pool.  Note  that one or more machines within the pool must be specified as the targets for the command. This command reconfigures the
       single machine named cae17within the pool of machines that has condor.cae.wisc.eduas its central manager:

% condor_reconfig  -pool condor.cae.wisc.edu -name cae17

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 1990-2012 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of  Wisconsin-Madison,  Madison,  WI.  All  Rights  Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012						condor_reconfig(1)