Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Automating ftp job using implicit ssl? Post 302448877 by NycUnxer on Friday 27th of August 2010 09:10:39 AM
Old 08-27-2010
ftp -z ssl hostname didnt work for me, i got the following error:
Code:
ftp: z: unknown option

I dont see the -z flag when I man ftp either. I'm on AIX by the way. I beleive there is a way to commadnline ftp to this ftp server but I cant find it.

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 08-27-2010 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: added code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

implicit ssl vs explicit ssl

Can someone explain the difference between the two. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSL ftp from Unix

I need to make an SSL FTP connection from my Unix machine to an SSL FTP server. I've found lots of SSL-capable FTP clients for windows machines, but can't seem to find any for Unix (HP-UX 11i, to be specific). I found, and have tried a package called tlswrap, but that is not working. Anybody... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: denverd0n
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating telnet and ftp

Hi, I want to automate FTP. I have a fair idea that this can be done using expect scripting. But I dont how to do it. Please, can anyone give me an example of how to do it in Unix. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

displaying error while automating ftp

#!/bin/sh HOST=HOST_IP USER=$USER PASSWD=$PASSWD FILE="*.htm" ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD get $FILE quit END_SCRIPT exit 0 Is there any way to display appropriate error message if the file is not found on the server...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP/implicit SSL

Hi, I want to FTP can some one help me how do I do this manually from unix command line Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridatos
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating ftp without .netrc

I'm writing a script which needs to run under an 'automation' account and there is already a .netrc machine definition for the server I need to connect to. If I create a new machine entry in the .netrc with a different account this will, of course, be ignored and the ftp session will connect to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakS
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating the FTP get

Hi , I want to pull files from ftp monthly once . The files in ftp has a something like 292_fileto_pull and next month it will be 293_fileto_pull for each month the number keeps increasing. i thought in my script if i can use date and increment the number by it mget *_292_fileto_pull i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP over implicit TSL - for dummies

Here are the essentials: un: myuser pw: mypasswd site: sftp.somesite.com port: 990 type: FTPS enc: FTP over implicit TLS program used: Curl 7.1.x on Hpux 11.31 I would like to "put" 1 file on there server. Here is my syntax, what am I doing wrong? curl -3 -v --cacert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP over implicit TLS

Here are the essentials: un: myuser pw: mypasswd site: sftp.somesite.com port: 990 type: FTPS enc: FTP over implicit TLS program used: Curl 7.1.x on Hpux 11.31 I would like to "put" 1 file on there server. Here is my syntax, what am I doing wrong? curl -3 -v --cacert... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
4 Replies
MOUNT_FTP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      MOUNT_FTP(8)

NAME
mount_ftp -- mount a FTP filesystem SYNOPSIS
mount_ftp [-i] [-o options] ftp://host[:port][/path] node DESCRIPTION
The mount_ftp command mounts a FTP-enabled server directory at ftp://host[:port][/path] at the mount point indicated by node. If the -i option is not used, all the required information to establish a login to the remote server must be available in the ftp URL, including username & password if needed. The user ID for all files and folders is set to the user's real user ID. The group ID for all files and directories is set to unknown, and the permissions default to read and execute for user, group and other. The options are: -i Interactive mode, you are prompted for the username and password if you did not supply one in the url. -o Options passed to mount(2) are specified with the -o option followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. The rdonly option will be set even if it was not specified because mount_ftp does not allow files to be opened with write access on servers. ftp://host[:port][/path] The FTP-enabled server directory to mount as a volume. If port is not specified, then port 21 is used. If path is not specified, then the path "/" is used. node Path to mount point. EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates how to mount the FTP-enabled server directory ftp.apple.com/ at the mount point /Volumes/mntpnt/ mount_ftp ftp://ftp.apple.com/ /Volumes/mntpnt/ SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_ftp command first appeared Mac OS X Version 10.2. RETURN VALUES
0 mount_ftp successfully mounted the server directory. [ENOENT] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the node path is invalid. [ENODEV] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because it is not FTP-enabled or because it does not exist, or because node does not have proper access. [ECANCELED] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the user did not provide proper authentication credentials. BUGS
mount_ftp only supports mounting read-only. Mac OS X June 6, 2003 Mac OS X