Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Locking Down Finder Command Preferences Post 302448671 by tlarkin on Thursday 26th of August 2010 03:19:52 PM
Old 08-26-2010
Take server tools and install them on an unbound machine. Use WGM to connect to the local directory services. Configure your desired settings for that local user account. Export that mcx file for that user via dscl command. You can then script a set of commands to import that MCX file and apply the settings to non bound machines.

Directory Services is almost near identical on the local machine as it is in Open Directory.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell: Creating Preferences

In OS X I'm currently writing a bash script that requires writing to preference file. I may eventually want to share it with users on other Unix-like OSs and would like to accommodate for that possibility ahead of time. Most OS X applications save preferences in xml-format plist files. These... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: airsmurf
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Bluefish: where are the preferences saved?

I have just tried out Bluefish as an alternative to my regular text editor. If I save the modified preferences and reboot, the preferences have to be reentered again. Does anyone know which file the preferences are saved in? The command find / -mmin -5 | grep bluefish yields zero hits. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Scripting sound preferences?

I'm finding myself changing sound preferences (specifically, output) frequently, and I'd like to write a shell script to do this for me. Does anyone know what command(s) to use? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
5 Replies

4. Programming

Table Locking in Insert Command.

Hi, i have a java based tool which does insert operation in a TABLE, and in parallel the same table is used by my C++ code which does select Query. the Table will be always busy, but sometimes the table is getting locked when i try to make an insert, am bit confused whether the lock is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Insert Command Creating Table Locking Problem

Hi, i have a java based tool which does insert operation in a TABLE, and in parallel the same table is used by my C++ code which does select Query. the Table will be always busy, but sometimes the table is getting locked when i try to make an insert, am bit confused whether the lock is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
9 Replies
GNOME(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GNOME(1)

gnome-wm - Launches the user selected window manager for the GNOME session

SYNOPSIS
gnome-wm [--default-wm windowmanager] [--sm-client-id id] DESCRIPTION
The gnome-wm script invokes the user selected window manager. If the user has not chosen a window manager it will try to launch a GNOME compliant window manager. The user can overwrite the selection of a window manager by setting the WINDOW_MANAGER environment variable. If a --default-wm option is given the script uses that window manager in case WINDOW_MANAGER is not set. If gnome-wm is given as the argument to --default-wm then it is the same as if no default was given. The script takes the --sm-client-id argument and translates the id to an appropriate option depending on which window manager was selected. ENVIRONMENT
The gnome-wm program uses the value of the WINDOW_MANAGER environment variable to let the user override the configured window manager. PERSISTENT SETTINGS
The program stores the current selection of a window manager in the gconf key /desktop/gnome/applications/window_manager/default SEE ALSO
gnome-session(1),default.session(5) BUGS
If you find bugs in the gnome-wm program, please report these using bug-buddy or the gnome-bug script included with the GNOME libraries distribution. GNOME 1.0 GNOME(1)