Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hal deamon..
Operating Systems Linux Hal deamon.. Post 302448588 by Corona688 on Thursday 26th of August 2010 11:26:09 AM
Old 08-26-2010
without HAL, a lot of your hardware may not be detected.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Uh oh! system32/hal.dll is missing or corrupt.

Hi. I'm trying to load red hat linux 7.2 on my machine so that I can learn how to use it. I'm having a very difficult time. I attempted to install it so that I can dual boot between linux and w2k. But now I can't boot up. I get a message saying that system32/hal.dll is either missing or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulSF
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailer Deamon Question

does somebody knows why when my IRIX system is booting it stop for more than 3 minutes in MAILER DEMOND.??? Thanks in advance for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michoacan2000
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

deamon process

hi how to write deamon program i specified in detail i want to write c++ program when it run it run like deamon process (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: munnu
1 Replies

4. AIX

Error Deamon.

How will we check whether error deamon is started or not? any command is there? If it is not started how will we start the deamon. This server is highly critical server. Pls, Let me know. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

how to know if ntp deamon is start

how to know if ntp deamon is start or stop how to determine it by command thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Permissionfor some deamon

Hi everyone. Now, i want to permit for an user to start, stop and reconfig some of daemon on Redhat system without root permission. So how can i do ? Tks all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
2 Replies

7. AIX

how to monitor deamon processes

we have several deamon processes which were killed for some unknown reasons. we have to bring the deamon back manually everytime. Deamons running on 2 identical instances. It is ok on one instance but be killed 3 or 4 times a day on another. Any idea how to monitor it? like who/how the processes be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamiltonhall
3 Replies
hal-find(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      hal-find(1M)

NAME
hal-find, hal-find-by-capability, hal-find-by-property - search HAL global device list SYNOPSIS
hal-find-by-capability --capability capability [--help] [--verbose] [--version] hal-find-by-property --key key --string value [--help] [--verbose] [--version] DESCRIPTION
The hal-find commands, hal-find-by-capability and hal-find-by-property, search the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) device list by speci- fied criteria and displays results on the standard output. hal-find-by-capability searches by capability, such as volume or block. hal- find-by-property searches by property, such as block.is_volume or volume.disc.has_audio. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --capability capability HAL device capability to search for. --help Display list of options. --key key The key to the property that is the basis of the search. --string value The string value associated with the property that is the basis of the search. --verbose Verbose mode. --version Display version and exit. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhalr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hald(1M), attributes(5), hal(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Aug 2006 hal-find(1M)