Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh programming ..Any new ideas?? Post 302448570 by silu on Thursday 26th of August 2010 10:44:06 AM
Old 08-26-2010
Thx for the reply!

Hi

What does d=$(date -d "yesterday" +%Y%m%d) do ?

Our program creates a directory name as you said .Excellent guess appreciate that

Thanks for all the help

Silu

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for ksh programming documentation

Hello, I am looking for documentation about shell programmation in ksh. I have to understand what are doing some scripts and I am rather a dummy in UNIX. What web site or book would you advice me ? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filippo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

obtaining a line number in ksh programming

Hi People, how do i obtain the line number of a ksh shell script that i am working on For example in C,when u key in __LINE__ will return u the current line number of the src code. regards wilson (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wilsontan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Programming in ksh and not in bash

Hi all.... I was wondering if there is a lot of differences between /bash and ksh programming. Im learning about bash programming, but all what I had read in this forum, points me to learn more about ksh over bash. Is that right and why? Unfortunately, I can’t write ksh progs on my work,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TARFU
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

any ideas?

i need to compare to dates/times given in the format MMDDhhmmYY. That is month, day, hour, minute, year. It is a 24 hour clock. I need to compare two dates to check that they are, say, less than 900 seconds apart. I have got to a point where it checks the time, turns the values into seconds and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwabbly
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Programming to read and mail fields

I have a file with the following values: File name à a.log (bulk file with 100+ lines with the similar format) aaaa|bbbb|cccc|dddd|eeee|ffff|gggg|hhhh|iiii| aaaa|bbbb|cccc|dddd|eeee|ffff|gggg|hhhh|iiii| aaaa|bbbb|cccc|dddd|eeee|ffff|gggg|hhhh|iiii|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivacbz
3 Replies

7. Programming

Shell programming ksh AIX - beginner

Hi! I have two shell scripts - Script1, Script2 Script1, Script2 - have return parameter Script1 - is calling Script2 in Script2 I am calling program sqlldr - if this program is called then I did not get the return parameter from Script1 Do You have any idea how can I avoid this problem. Mroki (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mroki
6 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need ideas for graduation project based on unix or linux Need ideas for graduation project based on

Dear all, i am in last year of electronics department in engineering faculty i need suggestions for a graduation project based on unix or free bsd or linux and electronics "embedded linux " i think about embedded unix for example or device drivers please i need helps (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MOHA-1
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me get some ideas

Hello, I have been given a scripting project, but have not learned any scripting. I need to get some ideas on how to start. Attached is part of the project: I have no idea how to parse the arguments. What I had in mind was to get the arguments ($1, $2, ... ) and have if statements for different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: facepalm
1 Replies
TRASH-EMPTY(1)						      General Commands Manual						    TRASH-EMPTY(1)

NAME
trash-empty - Empty for Command line trash utility. SYNOPSIS
trash-empty [arguments] DESCRIPTION
Remove for ever any trashed file and trashed directory. This command is a part of trash-cli package that provides a command line interface trashcan utility compliant with the FreeDesktop.org Trash Specification. It remembers the name, original path, deletion date, and permis- sions of each trashed file. ARGUMENTS
To remove all trashed files, use 'emtpy-trash'. To remove files that have been in the trash more than a given number of days, use 'trash-empty x', 'x' representing the number of days. EXAMPLES
$ date Tue Feb 19 20:26:52 CET 2008 $ trash-list 2008-02-19 20:11:34 /home/einar/today 2008-02-18 20:11:34 /home/einar/yesterday 2008-02-10 20:11:34 /home/einar/last_week $ trash-empty 7 $ trash-list 2008-02-19 20:11:34 /home/einar/today 2008-02-18 20:11:34 /home/einar/yesterday $ trash-empty 1 $ trash-list 2008-02-19 20:11:34 /home/einar/today $ trash-empty $ trash-list <none> BUGS
Report bugs to http://code.google.com/p/trash-cli/issues AUTHORS
Trash was written by Andrea Francia <andreafrancia@users.sourceforge.net> and Einar Orn Olason <eoo@hi.is>. This manual page was written by Steve Stalcup <vorian@ubuntu.com>. Changes made by Massimo Cavalleri <submax@tiscalinet.it>. SEE ALSO
trash-put(1), trash-restore(1), trash-list(1), and the FreeDesktop.org Trash Specification at http://www.ramendik.ru/docs/trashspec.html. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. TRASH-EMPTY(1)