Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get this script work on multiple input files Post 302448555 by kevintse on Thursday 26th of August 2010 09:52:35 AM
Old 08-26-2010
it will produce the following if three files are the same:
Code:
 DWT26R 1 PEP1 CA 1 OH2 SKIPPED: 0 STEP: 1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can you redirect multiple files for input?

I have a program that is reading strings into a vector from a file. Currently I am using this command: a.out < file1 The program runs and prints the contents of the vector to the screen, like its supposed to. The problem is that it needs to read in 3 files to fill the vector. Is there anyway... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matrix_Prime
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting input files into multiple files through AWK command

Hi, I needs to split *.txt files from single directory depends on the some mutltiple input values. i have wrote the code like below for file in *.txt do grep -i -h "value1|value2" $file > $file; done. My requirment is more input values needs to be given in grep; let us say 50... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to redirect multiple input files?

I have a program that runs like "cat f1 - f2 -", I need to write shell script to run the program whose standard input will be redirected from 2 files. I spend a whole day on it, but didn't figure out. Can someone help me out? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: microstarwwx
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make an editing script work for multiple files?

Hey everybody, I have a script for making a string substitution in a file. I am trying to modify it in order to make the same modifcation to multiples files. here is what I have so far. #!/bin/csh set p1="$1" shift set p2="$1" shift foreach x ($*) if ( { grep -w -c "$p1" $x } ) then mv... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: iwatk003
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Input for multiple files.

Hi, I am trying to come up with a script, and would like the script to pick all the files place within a folder and interactive take my yes/no before processing within the command. Could you someone help me in modifying the script : #!/bin/bash # LDIF_FILES="File Name" for MY_FILE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a loop to process multiple input files by a shell script

I have multiple input files that I want to manipulate using a shell script. The files are called 250.1 through 250.1000 but I only want the script to manipulate 250.300 through 250.1000. Before I was using the following script to manipulate the text files: for i in 250.*; do || awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, multiple files input and multiple files output

Hi! I'm new in awk and I need some help. I have a folder with a lot of files and I need that awk do something in each file and print a new file with the output. The input file name should be modified when I print the outpu files. Thanks in advance for help! :-) ciao (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabrysfe
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files with an input for directories and an input for path/file

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how best to approach this script, and I have very little experience, so I could use all the help I can get. :wall: I regularly need to delete files from many directories. A file with the same name may exist any number of times in different subdirectories.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: *ShadowCat*
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files older than x days and also taking an input for multiple paths

Hi , I am a newbie!!! I want to develop a script for deleting files older than x days from multiple paths. Now I could reach upto this piece of code which deletes files older than x days from a particular path. How do I enhance it to have an input from a .txt file or a .dat file? For eg:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Multiple input files and output files

Hi, I have many test*.ft1 files to which I want to read as input for a script called pipe2txt.tcl and print the output in each separate file. For example, pipe2txt.tcl < test001.ft1 > test001.txt How can I read many files in this maner? thank you very much, Best, Pahuja (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pahuja
5 Replies
GRI_MERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      GRI_MERGE(1)

NAME
gri_merge - merge multiple Gri output files into a single PostScript file. USAGE (style 1): gri_merge [OPTIONS] CxR a.ps b.ps ... > merged_file.ps Merges the files onto one page, in 'C' columns and 'R' rows. The CxR files are given in the order of words on a page. The page is pre- sumed to be 8.5x11in in size, as are all the input files, and the input files are sized to fit, and kept in natural scale. USAGE (style 2): gri_merge [OPTIONS] xcm ycm enlarge a.ps [b.ps ...] > merged_file.ps Where `enlarge' is a scale factor applied after offsetting `xcm' to the right and `ycm' upward. EXAMPLE (style 2): The following gri_merge 2 12 .5 a.ps 12 12 .5 b.ps 2 2 .5 c.ps 12 2 .5 d.ps > all.ps produces 4 panels from gri plots done using margins and sizes as specified in the following lines in a gri commandfile set x margin 2 set x size 15 set y margin 2 set y size 15 The OPTIONS, available if your 'perl' has 'getopts' library, are: -u graylevel -- set graylevel for underlay beneath panels, by default 0.75. Values range from 0 (black) to 1 (white), although a value of precisely 1 means do NOT draw underlay. -b graylevel -- Set value for background under individual panels, again 0 for black to 1 for white, with 1 meaning no drawing. -h -- Print this help message and quit. SEE ALSO
gri(1), gri_unpage(1) gri_merge 2009 GRI_MERGE(1)