Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MPIO reliability
Operating Systems AIX MPIO reliability Post 302448447 by zaxxon on Thursday 26th of August 2010 04:53:56 AM
Old 08-26-2010
@funksen
Thanks so far for the info - I don't remember if we tried that one but I will try that next time I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockneck
I wonder if you could you post the adapter settings as well?
Neither cost nor effort spared:
Code:
> lsattr -El fcs0
bus_intr_lvl  65765      Bus interrupt level                                False
bus_io_addr   0xefc00    Bus I/O address                                    False
bus_mem_addr  0xf0040000 Bus memory address                                 False
init_link     pt2pt      INIT Link flags                                    True
intr_priority 3          Interrupt priority                                 False
lg_term_dma   0x800000   Long term DMA                                      True
max_xfer_size 0x100000   Maximum Transfer Size                              True
num_cmd_elems 200        Maximum number of COMMANDS to queue to the adapter True
pref_alpa     0x1        Preferred AL_PA                                    True
sw_fc_class   2          FC Class for Fabric                                True

The other adapter has the same settings.

Here is the fscsi device:
Code:
> lsattr -El fscsi0
attach       switch    How this adapter is CONNECTED         False
dyntrk       yes       Dynamic Tracking of FC Devices        True
fc_err_recov fast_fail FC Fabric Event Error RECOVERY Policy True
scsi_id      0xa9f00   Adapter SCSI ID                       False
sw_fc_class  3         FC Class for Fabric                   True

The other device has the same settings.

Thanks.

Edit:
Just a note - I have currently no way to test/reproduce it so don't put too much effort into it. Any hint is good though.

Last edited by zaxxon; 08-26-2010 at 06:02 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Optimizing the system reliability

My product have around 10-15 programs/services running in the sun box, which together completes a task, sequentially. Several instances of the each program/service are running in the unix box, to manage the load and for risk-management reasons. As of now, we dont follow a strict strategy in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepa
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX MPIO and EMC

We are looking at running MPIO for it's redundancy and load balancing benefits. Does anyone know what pieces of software or modules are needed on the VIO server to get load balancing to work. Remember we are using EMC's DMX3500 storage system. We no longer want to use Powerpath. :rolleyes: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vxg0wa3
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX native MPIO

Hi folks, does anybody have a link to a documentation how to implement native MPIO on AIX? We are using EMC PowerPath and Datacore SanSymphony/Cambex for this so far and I wasn't able to find a good description on that topic. All I know so far is that mkpath, chpath and lspath are used to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
3 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

High reliability web server - cluster, redundancy, etc

Hi. I am IT manager/developer for a small organization. I have been doing as-needed linux server administration for several years and am by no means an expert. I've built several of my own servers, and our org is currently using hosting services for our servers and I am relatively happy. We... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsaadmin
3 Replies

5. AIX

MPIO Driver

On a particular LPAR, I was running AIX 5.3 TL 3. On Monday I did an update of the LPAR to 5.3 TL 9 SP2. The install was smooth, but then I ran into a problem. The MPIO driver does not work with LSI's StoreAge (SVM4). I did some looking, and looks like 5.3 TL3 = IBM.MPIO 5.3.0.30 5.3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: clking
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Reasons for NOT using LDOMs? reliability?

Dear Solaris Experts, We are upgrading from sun4u to T4 systems and one proposal is to use LDOMs and also zones within LDOMs. Someone advised using only zones and not LDOMs because the new machines have fewer chips and if a chip or a core fails then it doesn't impact the zones, but impacts... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: User121
3 Replies

7. AIX

Need Help with SDD / SDDPCM / MPIO

This is getting very confusing for me, and appreciate if someone can help. Platform: Power VM ( Virtual I/O Server) ioslevel 2.1.3.10-FP23 # oslevel -s 6100-05-00-0000 Storage: IBM DS4300 Two HBAs - Dual Port Fibre Adapter Channels Each card has two ports , so a total of 4 ports going... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

8. AIX

DISK and MPIO

Hello, I have some concerns over the disk management of my AIX system. For example server1 / > lspv hdisk0 00fa6d1288c820aa rootvg active hdisk1 00fa6d1288c8213c vg_2 active hdisk2 00c1cc14d6de272b ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
6 Replies
XkbGetNamedIndicator(3) 					   XKB FUNCTIONS					   XkbGetNamedIndicator(3)

NAME
XkbGetNamedIndicator - Look up the indicator map and other information for an indicator by name SYNOPSIS
Bool XkbGetNamedIndicator (Display *dpy, unsigned int dev_spec, Atom name, int *ndx_rtrn, Bool *state_rtrn, XkbIndicatorMapPtr map_rtrn, Bool *real_rtrn); ARGUMENTS
- dpy connection to the X server - dev_spec keyboard device ID, or XkbUseCoreKbd - name name of the indicator to be retrieved - ndx_rtrn backfilled with the index of the retrieved indicator - state_rtrn backfilled with the current state of the retrieved indicator - map_rtrn backfilled with the mapping for the retrieved indicator - real_rtrn backfilled with True if the named indicator is real (physical) DESCRIPTION
Xkb also allows applications to refer to indicators by name. Use XkbGetNames to get the indicator names. Using names eliminates the need for hard-coding bitmask values for particular keyboards. For example, instead of using vendor-specific constants such as WSKBLed_ScrollLock mask on Digital workstations or XLED_SCROLL_LOCK on Sun workstations, you can instead use XkbGetNamedIndicator to look up information on the indicator named "Scroll Lock." If the device specified by device_spec has an indicator named name, XkbGetNamedIndicator returns True and populates the rest of the parame- ters with information about the indicator. Otherwise, XkbGetNamedIndicator returns False. The ndx_rtrn field returns the zero-based index of the named indicator. This index is the bit position to use in any function call that requires a mask of indicator bits, as well as the indicator's index into the XkbIndicatorRec array of indicator maps. state_rtrn returns the current state of the named indicator (True = on, False = off). map_rtrn returns the indicator map for the named indicator. In addi- tion, if the indicator is mapped to a physical LED, the real_rtrn parameter is set to True. Each of the " _rtrn " arguments is optional; you can pass NULL for any unneeded " _rtrn " arguments. RETURN VALUES
True The XkbGetNamedIndicator function returns True if the device specified by device_spec has an indicator named name. False The XkbGetNamedIndicator function returns False if the device specified by device_spec does not have an indicator named name. SEE ALSO
XkbGetNames(3) X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XkbGetNamedIndicator(3)