Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting filename for Nth line pattern match Post 302448416 by puni on Thursday 26th of August 2010 02:53:22 AM
Old 08-26-2010
Getting filename for Nth line pattern match

Hi,

I have many scripts in particular directory. And few of the scripts have exit 0 in second line. Now i wanted to list out the scripts name which has the exit 0 in its second line

I tried many options , but i can not get the filename along with the nth line pattern match Smilie. Can anyone please help on this?

Thanks,
Puni

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To identify filename in which having match PATTERN

Hi, Any idea to identify bunch of files( gz format) in which having match PATTERN wanted and print out those files ? :) Regards, (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cedrichiu
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does Filename Match Pattern

Hi, I am writing a BASH script. I have a list of files and I would like to make sure that each is of a specific pattern (ie *.L2). If not I would like to remove that file. How do I test whether a filename matches a given pattern? Thanks a lot. Mike (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search pattern and replace x-y characters in nth line after every match

Hi, I am looking for any script which can do the following. have to read a pattern from fileA and copy it to fileB. fileA: ... ... Header ... ... ..p1 ... ... fileB: .... .... Header (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilvk
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing nth and n+1th line after a pattern match

Hi , I want to print the nth and n+1 lines from a file once it gets a pattern match. For eg: aaa bbb ccc ddd gh jjjj If I find a match for bbb then I need to print bbb as well as 3rd and 4th line from the match.. Please help..Is it possible to get a command using sed :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert new pattern in newline after the nth occurrence of a line pattern - Bash in Ubuntu 12.04

Hi, I am getting crazy after days on looking at it: Bash in Ubuntu 12.04.1 I want to do this: pattern="system /path1/file1 file1" new_pattern=" data /path2/file2 file2" file to edit: data.db - I need to search in the file data.db for the nth occurrence of pattern - pattern must... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phil3759
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display when nth line match a pattern?

Hi All, I have sample of listing as following Database 2 entry: Database alias = PXRES Database name = PXRES Local database directory = /db2/data1/db2phnx Database release level = d.00 Comment ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies

9. AIX

Print nth previous line after match

Please help me print nth line after match awk or sed one line command. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushma123
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match filename pattern with -f

Hello All, I have two issues. 1).I want to check if directory exists and inside that if file exists with today's date minus one. I can check directory exists but how can i check only a pattern of filename in that directory.Name of file is files-20170105-09.gz. 2).Also i want to exit immediately... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: looney
6 Replies
RUN-PARTS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      RUN-PARTS(8)

NAME
run-parts - run scripts or programs in a directory SYNOPSIS
run-parts [--test] [--verbose] [--report] [--lsbsysinit] [--regex=RE] [--umask=umask] [--arg=argument] [--exit-on-error] [--help] [--ver- sion] [--list] [--reverse] [--] DIRECTORY run-parts -V DESCRIPTION
run-parts runs all the executable files named within constraints described below, found in directory directory. Other files and directo- ries are silently ignored. If neither the --lsbsysinit option nor the --regex option is given then the names must consist entirely of ASCII upper- and lower-case let- ters, ASCII digits, ASCII underscores, and ASCII minus-hyphens. If the --lsbsysinit option is given, then the names must not end in .dpkg-old or .dpkg-dist or .dpkg-new or .dpkg-tmp, and must belong to one or more of the following namespaces: the LANANA-assigned namespace (^[a-z0-9]+$); the LSB hierarchical and reserved namespaces (^_?([a-z0-9_.]+-)+[a-z0-9]+$); and the Debian cron script namespace (^[a-zA-Z0-9_-]+$). If the --regex option is given, the names must match the custom extended regular expression specified as that option's argument. Files are run in the lexical sort order (according to the C/POSIX locale character collation rules) of their names unless the --reverse option is given, in which case they are run in the opposite order. OPTIONS
--test print the names of the scripts which would be run, but don't actually run them. --list print the names of the all matching files (not limited to executables), but don't actually run them. This option cannot be used with --test. -v, --verbose print the name of each script to stderr before running. --report similar to --verbose, but only prints the name of scripts which produce output. The script's name is printed to whichever of stdout or stderr the script first produces output on. --reverse reverse the scripts' execution order. --exit-on-error exit as soon as a script returns with a non-zero exit code. --lsbsysinit use LSB namespaces instead of classical behavior. --new-session run each script in a separate process session. If you use this option, killing run-parts will not kill the currently running script, it will run until completion. --regex=RE validate filenames against custom extended regular expression RE. See the EXAMPLES section for an example. -u, --umask=umask sets the umask to umask before running the scripts. umask should be specified in octal. By default the umask is set to 022. -a, --arg=argument pass argument to the scripts. Use --arg once for each argument you want passed. -- specifies that this is the end of the options. Any filename after -- will be not be interpreted as an option even if it starts with a hyphen. -h, --help display usage information and exit. -V, --version display version and copyright and exit. EXAMPLES
Print the names of all files in /etc that start with `p' and end with `d': run-parts --list --regex '^p.*d$' /etc COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1994 Ian Jackson. Copyright (C) 1996 Jeff Noxon. Copyright (C) 1996, 1997, 1998 Guy Maor Copyright (C) 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Clint Adams run-parts is free software; see the GNU General Public License version 2 or later for copying conditions. There is no warranty. Debian 27 Jun 2012 RUN-PARTS(8)