Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iptables rule problem
Operating Systems Linux iptables rule problem Post 302448357 by ultramen7 on Wednesday 25th of August 2010 11:12:24 PM
Old 08-26-2010
first of all you need to see all your iptable list

Code:
iptable -L

and make sure there is no iptables rule , that will accept all connection
then

try this ->

let say your client ip range = 192.168.1.0/24
so

Code:
iptables -A INPUT -s 192.168.1.0/24 -p icmp -j ACCEPT

Last edited by ultramen7; 08-26-2010 at 12:55 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

same old, same old - and iptables problem

I'm having a problem with iptables, despite being an old hand with ipchains. I am getting the following message when I try to "start" my iptables: I would usually say that one of the iptables kernel modules isn't loaded, especially if the `' actually read `nat' or `mangle' or something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iptables rule to block ping to internet

I want to block ping on a linuxbox to any other address where it would go to the default gateway. vmdebianamd64:/etc/tcng# route Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface 198.9.200.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

3. Programming

Problem with including foreign characters in Lex rule

Hi, I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me with this problem: I have already added new code to several existing Lex rules to accept the following foreign characters: å ä ö Å Ä Ö æ Æ ø Ø ü Ü ß. The code looks like this: /*Nathalie Stern, 080121 - Add å ä ö Å Ä Ö æ Æ ø Ø ü Ü ß handling to function*/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nathalie1
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Rule # 8

In light of this board's rule stating "no BSD vs. Linux vs. Windows or similar threads," is the following post legal (can I post it)? Hi. I'm thinking about obtaining a web server for business purposes and I want to learn to administer and maintain the server myself. I need to be able to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluegospel
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

iptables - most easy way to find rule and remove it?

I have situation where I have rules in iptables with comments. Now... I can for example enter rule like "iptables -A FORWARD -s xxx -j ACCEPT" and delete it with "iptables -D FORWARD -s xxx -j ACCEPT".. but if that rule contain some random comment (-m comment) then ... ? I can find with scripting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkman_hr
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

iptables problem with ftp

I have a pretty stock iptables script. One rule allows active ftp from an outside IP address. To troubleshoot it, I opened up ftp to all connections from the outside. When a user outside our domain connects via FTP, they are denied. If I flush the rules, the ftp takes place successfully. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bricoleur
2 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

iptables rule sanity check?

why would: iptables -A INPUT -s 180.0.0.0/8 -j DROP along with /etc/hosts.deny rule of ALL: 180.0.0.0/8 not stop traffic to/from 180.x.x.x, which I still see by running iftop? Or could iftop just be showing an artifact and is there a better way to monitor connections real-time? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with iptables while doing tftp.

Hi all, I have a problem. I have iptables enabled in my ubuntu system on which tftp server is configured. Now when I try to do a tftpget from another ubuntu 32-bit machine, file transfer is not happening. But, when iptables are disabled, everything is fine. I heard that some ip_conntrack module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai2krishna
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iptables rule to block access from VM Browser to Firewall Login Page

(1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senrabdet
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iptables problem

Hallo I have a configuration problem. I my ubuntu server (with iptables) I have 3 interfaces (ip ending with 1) I have a private network ETH2à192.168.238.0/24 a DMZ: ETH1à192.168.238.0/24 and an external interface (eth 0 -->10.20.4.0/23) im my dmz I have a webserver (192.168.238.2) How can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarto76
0 Replies
tgt-setup-lun(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  tgt-setup-lun(8)

NAME
tgt-setup-lun - creates a target, adds a device to the target and defines initiators that can connect to the target SYNOPSIS
tgt-setup-lun -d device -n target_name [initiator_IP1 initiator_IP2 ...] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Starts tgtd if necessary and creates a target according to the supplied target_name. The format of the target name is as follows: iqn.2001-04.com.<hostname>-<target_name> The target name must be unique. The script then adds the requested device to the target. If specific IP addresses are defined, it adds them to the list of allowed initia- tors for that target. If no IP addresses is defined, it defines that the target accepts any initiator. EXAMPLES
Create a target that uses /dev/sdb1 and allows connections only from 192.168.10.81: tgt-setup-lun -d /dev/sdb1 -n my_target 192.168.10.81 Create a target that uses /dev/sdb1 and allows connections only from 192.168.10.81 and 192.168.10.82: tgt-setup-lun -d /dev/sdb1 -n my_target 192.168.10.81 192.168.10.82 Create a target that uses /dev/sdb1 and allows connections from any initiator: tgt-setup-lun -d /dev/sdb1 -n my_target Display help: tgt-setup-lun -h AUTHOR
Written by Erez Zilber REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <stgt@vger.kernel.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) Voltaire Ltd. 2008. tgt-setup-lun(8)