Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to display a notification with image? - Libnotify Post 302448291 by hakermania on Wednesday 25th of August 2010 05:20:12 PM
Old 08-25-2010
Question How to display a notification with image? - Libnotify

Hi all, this is the code:
Code:
#include <libnotify/notify.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>

int main()
{
    NotifyNotification *n;

notify_init("Basics");

n = notify_notification_new ("Summary",
                                 "\nThis is the message that we want to display",
                                  NULL, NULL);
    notify_notification_set_timeout (n, 5000); // 5 seconds

if (!notify_notification_show (n, NULL))
    {
        return 1;
    }

g_object_unref(G_OBJECT(n));

return 0;
}

It displays a message without any problem, but I want to add a specific image to it as many apps do so...
Is this possible with libnotify? And if it is, how do I do it? SmilieSmilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

if up notification

Hello experts, I have a requirement of notifying my application everytime a network interface is brought up. My application supports Various Unix flavours e.g. RHEL, SLES, AIX, Solaris and Mac OS. I know that SLES supports /etc/sysconfig/network/if-up.d hook scripts that run once an interface is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GajendraSharma
2 Replies

3. Web Development

Problem with image display stored outside webserver in Unix?

Hi All, I have an image stored in my solaris server path /usr/Apps/TEMP directory. I have created this image at runtime. I have my web application dployed in my webserver path /usr/Apps/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7/webapps/DispReports From a jsp file available under my DispReports folder, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsurendiran
1 Replies

4. Programming

libnotify (g_signal_connect() 3rd argument help) c++

Hello, this is my code: #include <glib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <libnotify/notify.h> void push_notification (gchar* title, gchar* body, gchar* icon) { NotifyNotification* notification; gboolean success; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching image files to create one image

Hi, I have two sets of image files. Both sets have names A to Z but set 1 ends with .cdt.png and set 2 ends with .matrix.png. I want set 1 to match with set 2 if the names match (i.e. A.cdt.png will match with A.matrix.png) and with the convert image tool (program for images), it will merge the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Copy image on Server-1 and Restores image on Server-2

Hi, I have done Copy image and Restores back on Windows. I have two solaris servers, one contains Solaris OS and Applications on Server-1. Want i required is want to copy image of Server-1 and restores the copied image on Server-2. First of all, is it possibile in Solaris. If it is then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarshads
4 Replies
AUDIT_LOG_USER_MESSAGE(3)					  Linux Audit API					 AUDIT_LOG_USER_MESSAGE(3)

NAME
audit_log_user_message - log a general user message SYNOPSIS
#include <libaudit.h> int audit_log_user_message(int audit_fd, int type, const char *message, const char *hostname, const char *addr, const char *tty, int result) DESCRIPTION
This function will log a message to the audit system using a predefined message format. This function should be used by all console apps that do not manipulate accounts or groups. The function parameters are as follows: audit_fd - The fd returned by audit_open type - type of message, ex: AUDIT_USYS_CONFIG, AUDIT_USER_LOGIN message - the message text being sent hostname - the hostname if known, NULL if unknown addr - The network address of the user, NULL if unknown tty - The tty of the user, if NULL will attempt to figure out result - 1 is "success" and 0 is "failed" RETURN VALUE
It returns the sequence number which is > 0 on success or <= 0 on error. ERRORS
This function returns -1 on failure. Examine errno for more info. SEE ALSO
audit_log_user_comm_message(3), audit_log_acct_message(3), audit_log_user_avc_message(3), audit_log_semanage_message(3). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Oct 2006 AUDIT_LOG_USER_MESSAGE(3)