Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Export SQL results to .TXT file for emailing Post 302447875 by alpinescott on Tuesday 24th of August 2010 02:19:53 PM
Old 08-24-2010
That worked exactly like I needed it to.

As for the two lines that should not have been there, they were actually commented out and I failed to delete them when I was pasting the code in the question.
Thanks SO much!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi , I just found you while surfing for the string 'Redirecting sql select query output from within a shell script to txt file/excel file' Could you find time sending me the code for the above question? It'll be great help for me. I have a perl file that calls the sql file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi Yogesh, Lucky that i caught you online. Yeah i read about DBI and the WriteExcel module. But the server is not supporting these modules. It said..."Cannot locate DBI"..."Cannot locate Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" I tried creating a simple text file to get the query output, but the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to export a unix file to txt file?

Is there any way by which u can export a file in unix box to a notepad or txt file?:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nohup
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

store SQL statements and results in a file

Hello Guys... I want a small help from you guys. Actually in Oracle, we are having a utlity called spool through which can store whatever SQL statements executed and other queries and the output of those queries in a file So, similarly in Unix, if I start a session executing a number of Unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mraghunandanan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backing Up and Emailing Home Directory and SQL Databases

Hello, I run a web hosting company, and I'm wondering how I can use cPanel's Cron Jobs so that a copy of my entire home directory and a copy all of my MySQL databases can be compressed and emailed to me. I know nothing about Linux, Unix, or whatever that thing with the penguin is called. :) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: millipedeman
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export data from DB2 table to .txt file(space delimited)

Hi I need help on this. Its very urgent for me.. please try to help me out.. I have data in tables in DB2 database. I would like to export the data from DB2 tables into a text file, which has to be space delimited. so that I can carry out awk, grep operations on that file. I tried to export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing sql results to file using ksh -nevermind

I'm having problems with writing my sql results to a file: sqlplus -S username/password@DB <<!! set echo off set verify off set showmode off set feedback off set timing off set linesize 250 set wrap off set pagesize 0 set newpage none set tab off set trimspool on set colsep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avillanueva
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the sql query output into txt file?

Hi I want ot save SQL query result in one txt file. for that i have written one code line sqlplus -s $dbstring @/usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/exec_123.sql >> /usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/result.txt but it is not working . database : Oracle so please advice me how can i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripting to export the results to an excel file

Hi, I am facing issues while exporting the results retrieved from the Database to an excel file. I have 5 count query in order to count the records in 5 different tables. I had connected to the DB and retrieved the column count and printed in the screen. But wat I need to do is, I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learner 20
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emailing results of a pl sql procedure from UNIX shell script

Hello All, I am writing the below unix script to email the result of a small pl sql procedure: #!/bin/bash ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/orcts/product/9.2.0; export ORACLE_HOME SQLPLUS=$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus sqlplus -s user/pass@Db_instance<<EOF set echo off set feedback off set pages 0... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bunty bedi
9 Replies
GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)

NAME
git-stripspace - Remove unnecessary whitespace SYNOPSIS
git stripspace [-s | --strip-comments] < input DESCRIPTION
Clean the input in the manner used by Git for text such as commit messages, notes, tags and branch descriptions. With no arguments, this will: o remove trailing whitespace from all lines o collapse multiple consecutive empty lines into one empty line o remove empty lines from the beginning and end of the input o add a missing to the last line if necessary. In the case where the input consists entirely of whitespace characters, no output will be produced. NOTE: This is intended for cleaning metadata, prefer the --whitespace=fix mode of git-apply(1) for correcting whitespace of patches or files in the repository. OPTIONS
-s, --strip-comments Skip and remove all lines starting with comment character (default #). -c, --comment-lines Prepend comment character and blank to each line. Lines will automatically be terminated with a newline. On empty lines, only the comment character will be prepended. EXAMPLES
Given the following noisy input with $ indicating the end of a line: |A brief introduction $ | $ |$ |A new paragraph$ |# with a commented-out line $ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |# An old paragraph, also commented-out. $ | $ |The end.$ | $ Use git stripspace with no arguments to obtain: |A brief introduction$ |$ |A new paragraph$ |# with a commented-out line$ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |# An old paragraph, also commented-out.$ |$ |The end.$ Use git stripspace --strip-comments to obtain: |A brief introduction$ |$ |A new paragraph$ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |The end.$ GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)