Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) keyboard problem how to insert --> {} \ Post 302447279 by c_lady on Sunday 22nd of August 2010 05:54:55 AM
Old 08-22-2010
iTerm

You're right! I agree.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I map Unix keyboard for PC keyboard

A Solaris AXI 440 machine with Solaris 8 version. I have PC users who use an emulation to login to the Solaris server. How can I change the keyboard mapping of the Sun keyboard to fit to the PC keyboard ? Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simhab
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux 7.2, Keyboard Problem!

I recently tried to install Linux 7.2 on my home PC (Compaq), and it did not recognise my keyboard. I could not proceed with the installation as I could not type anything. I installed 6.2 and it worked fine???????????. I was wondering if anybody has encountered this problem (very frustrating). ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: camerja1
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Keyboard problem

Hi to everyone I am new at Solaris world so I need little help. I can not put my keyboard to Croatian layout. I tried to edit /etc/default/init and in that file I changed LC_ALL=hr_HR. Also I tried to change my language settings over GUI (input methods and SCIIM) but with no results. Also tried... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem insert $1 value into a command

Hi folks I am trying to use a call to a python command within a shell script to help validate a date. If I hard code the date to be checked in the string it works. As follows cmd_result=$(/usr/bin/python -c 'import time; print time.strftime("%d",time.strptime("31/02/2008", "%d/%m/%Y"))'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatMcDonagh
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Execution problem in shell script while insert into DB

Hi, am facing some problem while inserting a record into a script Please find script below. `sqlplus -s asdf/asdf123 <<eof! set feedback off; set heading off; set verify off; insert into... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script invoked from a keyboard shortcut

-EDIT- I have solved my problem below by using a different program. Instead of xsel I am using xclip which basically does the same thing and works fine from a script invoked by a global hotkey. -END EDIT- Hi, I've written a simple script to copy my email address into both the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)