Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 Browser Configuration Steps Post 302446727 by Laitan on Thursday 19th of August 2010 12:03:06 PM
Old 08-19-2010
Thanks DukeNuke2

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP configuration in Solaris 5.7

Hi everybody ! How can I configure the ftp in solaris systems ? Wich files ? To resume : I want to create a user wich can get from a ftp session running from a PC, some files without going up in the directories. If I attached the ksh or sh shell to the user, he can go wherever he wants. If I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarcoW
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Browser in Solaris 2.6

Hello, I need install a new browser in the version of Solaris 2.6 and not possible upgrade of Solaris in this machine, in the system have Netscape 4.0, but i need install the new version or new browser. What is recommended and the link for download? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markos
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris browser question

The security office is complaining that my system (Solaris 8) that the "security.password_lifetime" is not configured in the /.netscape/preferences.js file. I have found the file but don't know how to configure it to get the browser to request a password after 15 minutes of inactivity. Help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtoba
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Steps toward Solaris Administration

Dear All, I am currently working as Unix Operator. I am looking forward for Unix Solaris Administration. I need everyone's guidance on this forum, please advice me from where should i start. well i have already installed Solaris version on X86. So please let me know what should i do to become... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrankhan.in
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Required installation steps for perl 5.8.9 on Solaris 2.8 operating system

Hi Can any one suggest me the instalation guideline for perl 5.8.9 on UNIX/solaris 2.8 environment. Pooja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris configuration details.

How to find the entire configuration details of a solaris. I need to know what partion were made, which OS is used and wat version is used etc... Thanks to tell (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
4 Replies

7. Solaris

IP configuration in Solaris

Hi Experts, - I have below two queries, please suggest. 1) I have 2 IP's in my server and want to remove 1 of the ip, so which are the files i need to modify as of my knowledge we need to modify (1) /etc/hosts remove the unwanted ip (2) /etc/hostname.interface_name Please suggest if any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Help me with Pre Installation Steps for Patching on Solaris Servers

What are the Pre-installation steps for patching on Solaris servers in real time ? :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrishna
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Need Help On Solaris Cluster Steps For San Migration

I am going to do a SAN Array migration and need the sequence of steps required on the Solaris cluster before moving the old array luns to new array luns. Here are the steps and I need info on the bold points:( I might even be wrong on the sequence of steps please correct me if I am wrong) 1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunshinedeepu
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)