Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO module loaded during the start up Post 302446603 by jgt on Thursday 19th of August 2010 07:58:40 AM
Old 08-19-2010
Openserver 5 does not automatically discover new hardware. Hardware is discovered at operating system installation for devices that SCO supplies the driver for. After that, you have to install a driver and re-link the kernel for the new device to be available.
If you have hardware whose driver is not on the installation CD then you can load it using a BTLD (Boot Time Loadable Driver) process during initial system load (similar to pressing F6 when installing XP Pro etc.)
This User Gave Thanks to jgt For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Library not loaded?

I am trying to install a scientific program onto my mac and when i try and execute it this error comes up and i cant find any literature on the net to fix it... dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgfortran.2.dylib Referenced from:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: olifu02
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

waiting until file loaded

Hello i have DB file load with this command ../SS-Tools/SSdbload -r 10 -il /export/specbackup_db/$b y i should wait until the DB load completed then run the next command $SPECROOT/bin/launchinstdbapp `/usr/bin/hostname` SS n VNM.OUT how this can be done with shell scripting NB: i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mogabr
1 Replies

3. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

4. Solaris

mcrypt module is not initially loaded with php

Hi I'm trying to do an upgrade for one application and whenever I run the upgradre the program shows the error that mcrypt module is not initially loaded with php. My server is running xampp 0.9 and I know this library of mcrypt is already installed. I changed the php.ini file in order to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dahr
0 Replies

5. Solaris

file just loaded does not appear to be executable

Hi When i m trying the boot the system with Primary HDD (c1t0d0s0) -- its solaris 10 I m getting an error "file just loaded does not appear to be executable".....So will anyone share the steps to recover from this stage I also tried to build the corrupted superblock from below command but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: taruntan
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How the user process can access the character device loaded by my module

I am trying to load into the kernel a system-call dynamically (without restarting the kernel and compailing it) in an attempt to (once in kernel mode) write to user process's memory. (I know there is a way to do this with the ptrace interface but it is not an option.) I know the only way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hopelessProgram
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX Dependent Module could not be loaded

I am encountering the above error , even after setting the environment variables correctly AFAIK. I've found sources that say LIBPATH is the shared library variable , and others that say LIB_PATH, so I set both: ========================= root@lipossrp01ga: # echo $gtm_dist ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

PAM module pam_passwdqc module

Hello friends Today i have changed my passwd policy for strong password Everything is working correctly but when i changed my password , it did not ask me my old password my /etc/pam.d/system-auth file is (only passwdqc.so module line) password required pam_passwdqc.so retry=3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
0 Replies

9. BSD

BSD: Getting the WM loaded

Heyas Since freebsd has set TERM to xterm when in terminal mode, i'm very curious what its value will be in GUI mode - seems its xterm (in x11/twm) as well.. how smart :eek: :( So i've installed: awesome and xorg, but when calling awesome, it talks something about invalid display. So i've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sea
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

When does Autosys Profile loaded?

hi, would like to know if anyone knows or could verify and give me an answer on when autosys does actually load the profile whether in Activated state or Running state. Scenerio am trying to look for is Lets say i have a profile variable DATE=Mar052015 Start jobA --> JobB depends on A -->... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veshwar
0 Replies
gvid_no_claim_dev(5)						File Formats Manual					      gvid_no_claim_dev(5)

NAME
gvid_no_claim_dev - PCI Vendor/Device ID that the gvid graphics driver will not claim VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values Specific to the device you wish to prevent from claiming. DESCRIPTION
This tunable specifies the PCI Vendor ID and/or Device ID of a graphics device that the HP graphics driver should not claim. The graphics driver was designed to be a general purpose driver for all PCI graphics cards. As a result, the driver will attempt to claim any PCI graphics display device found on the system. This can be a problem for graphics device developers who need their own graphics driver to claim their own graphics device. The value of will specify a PCI Vendor ID and/or Device ID of a graphics card that the gvid graphics driver should not claim. It is a 32 bit number, with the upper 16 bits containing the PCI Vendor ID and the lower 16 bits containing the PCI Device ID. Either the Vendor ID or Device ID can use a wildcard value of For example, if is set to the value the driver will ignore graphics devices with a PCI Vendor ID of and a Device ID of If is set to the driver will not claim any graphics cards with a Vendor ID of regardless of the Device ID. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone who wishes the graphics driver to ignore a specific graphics device. This will typically be someone writing their own graphics driver for their own hardware. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at the next reboot. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Tunable Kernel Parameters gvid_no_claim_dev(5)