Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) installing binary files on the mac Post 302446484 by phil_heath on Wednesday 18th of August 2010 10:56:26 PM
Old 08-18-2010
installing binary files on the mac

Hi I am mainly using unix to run programs. My current problem is that I have a hard time installing programs (binary format) on my mac. I tried install and make but it does not work.. perhaps someone can help me out.

thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing gdm on mac os x tiger

I was installing gdm on the terminal application and my ISP disconnected. When I reconnected and tried to continue the installation, I got the following message: Waiting for lock on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrianzen
0 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Little help needed installing gnuplot on Mac OS X

I am using Mac OS X 10.4.9 and am trying to install gnuplot-4 but I run into some problems. Hopefully someone recognizes them and can help. - I have installed aquaterm 1.0.1 and this works fine. - Then I installed gnuplot-4 by clicking the installer package. - When I then go into a terminal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems installing a program through Terminal in Mac OS X

Hey all.. I have a problem with the BitTorrent client called Deluge. (Deluge BitTorrent Client). Followed the guide on their homepage, but can't get it to work. First of all I have installed Xcode Tools 3.0 and MacPorts. I did the "sudo port install deluge" command, and all packages seemed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sixmax
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Help installing a Unix operating system on a mac

Hey, I am basically a newb when it comes to anything other than gaming on computers. I am working on changing that and as a first step am installing and learning a UNIX system on my mac. Here is the thing. I already partitioned the hard drive using boot camp to install windows, which I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Socrates1212
6 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Installing mac on external hdd?

Hi, As I did not find any specific group for this question, i am putting it here. Can I install Mac OS on an external hard disk? Is this possible or not? I know it is very hard to install mac os on non-mac hardwares. I have a dell inspiron laptop and i want to use mac from external hdd. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanzee
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Mac OS binary (ABIF) file to MS Windows

Hello, I have a problem with two file (In attach). These file contain the instruction for run an application platform for a lab machine. The fil without extension if of the application in MAC the file with .md5 extension is for the win software version. Now i need convert the win file to mac... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinciovincio
20 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Installing RPM built on CentOS on Mac OS X

I have a build process that runs on CentOS that builds RPMs for a java-based product. I'd like to be able to install these RPMs on my Mac OS X laptop for testing purposes. I don't need an RPM database to manage dependencies or previously installed packages. Consider this RPM to be a glorified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jschnitter
1 Replies
DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)						     Debhelper							DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)

NAME
dh_auto_install - automatically runs make install or similar SYNOPSIS
dh_auto_install [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_auto_install is a debhelper program that tries to automatically install built files. It does so by running the appropriate command for the build system it detects the package uses. For example, if there's a Makefile and it contains a install target, then this is done by running make (or MAKE, if the environment variable is set). If there is a setup.py or Build.PL, it is used. Note that the Ant build system does not support installation, so dh_auto_install will not install files built using Ant. Unless --destdir option is specified, the files are installed into debian/package/ if there is only one binary package. In the multiple binary package case, the files are instead installed into debian/tmp/, and should be moved from there to the appropriate package build directory using dh_install(1). DESTDIR is used to tell make where to install the files. If the Makefile was generated by MakeMaker from a Makefile.PL, it will automatically set PREFIX=/usr too, since such Makefiles need that. This is intended to work for about 90% of packages. If it doesn't work, or tries to use the wrong install target, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_install at all, and just run make install manually. OPTIONS
See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options. --destdir=directory Install files into the specified directory. If this option is not specified, destination directory is determined automatically as described in the "DESCRIPTION" section. -- params Pass params to the program that is run. These can be used to supplement or override the any standard parameters that dh_auto_install passes. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)