Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with ssh termination... Post 302446313 by niteesh_!7 on Wednesday 18th of August 2010 08:55:52 AM
Old 08-18-2010
yes i developed those scripts. i actually run vmstat,iostat on server.i just give "exit" in the script which runs on the destination server.

ssh ${HOST} '/ravi/test/stat_collect.ksh start'

HOST is the variable that has the host on which i execute

where start is a parameter to the script.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Abnormal Termination errors

I'm having trouble with Abnormal Termination errors. What are they, what causes them and how can I prevent them from happening? Are they application specific? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bialsibub
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Child peocess termination.

Hello all, Here is the problem: A ksh script (let's call it abc.sh) gets kicked off from a menu program using "nohup abc.sh &". The process ID of abc.sh can be recieved (pid=$!). abc.sh runs an Oracle PL/SQL script (it creates a child process). In order to stop the abc.sh (and the child)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaz
5 Replies

3. Programming

handling abnormal process termination

hi i m writin a program in which i keep track of all the child processes the program has generated and if a child process has an abnormal termination i need to do certain task related to that child process. for handlin child process i used waitpid: temp_cpid=waitpid(-1,&stat,WUNTRACED); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridula
4 Replies

4. Programming

does snprintf guarantee null termination?

Hi All, I was reading the man page of snprintf function and it saids that snprintf adds a null terminator at the end of the string, but I remember once someone told me that snprintf doesn't guarantee the insertion of a null terminator character. What do you think? Does anyone have experience... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

random script termination

I'm writing a script to archive data. First, the files are all rsync'd to the archive directory via NFS mounts(I know not the most efficient, but the only choice in this situation), then I use md5sum to validate the transfers. During execution of the script, it will exit for no apparent reason. It... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Catching the termination of one script

Hi I have a Shell script that needs to execute a command at the End of the excursion of other script And I cant get a handel On the trap command. And that is if the trap command Is the proper way to go this is a extract of the script MYHOST=`hostname| cut -d. -f1` echo $MYHOST ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ex-Capsa
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat termination in script

So, I'm writing a shell script to help automate a process I'm doing. Basically I want to take input from the user for 2 variables, then create a file that consists of: Variable1,Variable2 Constant1 Constant2 .. Constant2000 then run an awk script. I'm pretty new to unix though, and so... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parrakarry
11 Replies

8. AIX

A question about scsi termination

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/iercomputer/ibm-39j5022-ultra320-scsi-adapter-dual-channel-pci-x-fc5736-3.gif I have bought this controller. Simple and fast question: I will put on this controller a external LTO tape,which is terminated with a terminator. I have to put another terminator on PCI-controller... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email alert after termination

I am running the gaussian program on UNIX with bash and I want to form a script that will email me once the output life terminates either "normal termination" or "false" I just started learning this last week so could you let me know how to go about this.:b: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jade_Michael
13 Replies
qstart(8B)								PBS								qstart(8B)

NAME
qstart - start pbs batch job processing at a destination SYNOPSIS
qstart destination ... DESCRIPTION
The qstart command directs that a destination should process batch jobs. If the destination is an execution queue, the server will begin to schedule jobs that reside in the queue for execution. If the destination is a routing queue, the server will begin to route jobs from that queue. In order to execute qstart, the user must have PBS Operation or Manager privilege. OPERANDS
The qstart command accepts one or more destination operands. The operands are one of three forms: queue @server queue@server If queue is specified, the request is to start that queue at the default server. If the @server form is given, the request is to start all queues at that server. If a full destination identifier, queue@server, is given, the request is to start the named queue at the named server. STANDARD ERROR
The qstart command will write a diagnostic message to standard error for each error occurrence. EXIT STATUS
Upon successful processing of all the operands presented to the qstart command, the exit status will be a value of zero. If the qstart command fails to process any operand, the command exits with a value greater than zero. SEE ALSO
pbs_server(8B), qstop(8B), and qmgr(1B) Local qstart(8B)