Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cut and append the text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cut and append the text Post 302446240 by rajamadhavan on Wednesday 18th of August 2010 05:21:53 AM
Old 08-18-2010
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{FS=";"} {print $0,$2;}' file | sed -e 's/ csp / /g'

This User Gave Thanks to rajamadhavan For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Append

I'm creating a script that counts the number of users currently online, then records that in a file called "log.txt" along with the time. Everytime the script is ran, the script appends the "log.txt" this is what I have: who|wc|cut -c6,7>>log.txt date|cut -c12-24>>log.txt After running... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 801238429
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to append text into a file.

I have a command stream that will parse down an ftp DIR listing of a remote directory and return the name of the newest file that I am interested in. The command is sed -e '/^d/d' sppay.listing |sed -n -e '/SPPAY/p'|sort -r -k 43M,45 -k 47,48 -k 50,54|sed -n -e '1p'|cut -c 56-99 and what it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beilstwh
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cut and append the file based on id

Hi, I have a file which have set of rows and has to create separate files based on the id. Eg: 001_AHaris020 001_ATony030 002_AChris090 002_ASmit060 003_AJhon001 Output: I want three files like 001_A.txt, 002_A.txt and 003_A.txt. 001_A.txt should have ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techmoris
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

append each line with text

hi, I've a file with some text in it, i need to append few strings in the beginning and end of each row. --in file richie matt .. --out file hi, 'richie' is here hi, 'matt' is here ... I tried with awk command, but it fails because of ' Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text error?

Sup guys, today I tried to append a string from my text by asking the user to input and change the specific text they wanna append. The problem is that, the code looks logically correct, but when I run it there's an error somewhere. Can anyone identify for me? echo "Search data" read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aLHaNz
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append text to files with a same pattern

Hi Folks, I wanted to know if i can use RegEx in a for-loop of a shell script. Here's a scenario, I have a set of files say x1, x2, x3..x9 in a directory(obviously with files other than this pattern). I want to append a line of text to all files that follow pattern x. Can someone help me out? I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prithvirao17
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use sed to append text to filenames if text not already present

I have some html with hrefs that contain local links to pdf filenames. These filenames should have standardised names, i.e. there should be a label prior to the ".pdf" filename suffix. There can be many of these links on a single line of text and some may already have the label. For example ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: adb
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed! - Cut characters after a text string and append to end of filename

Hi all.. I have several unique files that contain one thing in common, and that is acct#. For all files in the directory, I want to append the 10 characters following the word "ACCOUNT:" to the end of the filename. for example: I have file 111_123 that contains ACCOUNT:ABC1234567 The file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cinderella1
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append a text file?

i have to append a text file grep for a word, if found, put comment in starting of the line. here is an example cat test.sh bin/ksh Hello World Test Message :wq! search for "bin" word in test.sh file if found comment it out at starting of the line: Output as follows: #bin/ksh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to preserve the same text and modify the same text to append?

Hi, I have an issue modifying a file. Below is the content of the file. File name - a.txt SELECT LISTAGG(SCORE), LISTAGG(VB), LISTAGG(SCORE*12 + 3), LISTAGG(DOB) from T_CONCAT ; SELECT LISTAGG(SCORE), LISTAGG(VB), LISTAGG(SCORE*100 + 3), from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
1 Replies
SHANTY(1)							      Shanty								 SHANTY(1)

NAME
Shanty - Makes a PostScript file from an image and some text. SYNOPSIS
shanty -i image_file [-t text_file] [-o output_file] [-s paper_size] [-d density] [-m margin] [-b background_color] [-x padding] [-n title] [-l orientation] [-rtl] [-btt] [-f font_name] [-altgd] DESCRIPTION
Shanty takes a text file and an image (PNG or JPG) and creates a PostScript file where one pixel in the image becomes one character in the PostScript. OPTIONS
-i, -image Name of the image to load in. JPG and PNG images are supported. This is the only compulsory field. -t, -text Name of the text file to load in, if omitted STDIN is used. -o, -output Name of the PostScript file to produce, if omitted STDOUT is used. -s, -size Size of the paper to work with. This field should be one of: "a0", "a2", "a3", "a4", "a5", "a6", "letter", "broadsheet", "ledger", "tabloid", "legal", "executive" and "36x36". Default is "a4". -d, -density Density of the text. Higher numbers are more dense, default is 1.4. -m, -margin The margins of the page in cm. Default is 1. -b, -background The colour of a backing rectangle to place behind the text. Colours are specified as "R,G,B" with each value between 0 and 255. "off" means no backing colour. Default is "off". -x, -p, -padding Density of the text. Higher numbers are more dense, default is 1.4. -n, -title The title of the output to write as meta-data in the PostScript file. Default is "Shanty output". -l, -orientation The orientation of the paper, can be "portrait", "landscape" or "auto". Default is "auto". -rtl Switch to right-to-left text. -btt Switch to bottom-to-top text. -f, -font Specify font. The font name specified must be visible to the not just make a font magically appear. Default is "Courier-Bold". -altgd If you have problems loading the GD library, try this switch. HOMEPAGE
<http://www.codebunny.org/coding/shanty/> AUTHOR
Duncan Martin <duncan@codebunny.org> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Many thanks to DFB <http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~dfb/> and contributors to comp.lang.postscript. Duncan Martin 6 October 2006 SHANTY(1)