Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Post Installation for Solaris 1o Post 302446123 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 17th of August 2010 11:25:37 PM
Old 08-18-2010
Are you able to mount all the configured filesystems in single user mode? What type of installation did you do? UFE, ZFS, SVM or anything out of the ordinary?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 installation

I am currently using Windows Xp and can it is possible to install Solaris on another drive without removing XP. I have Solaris 8 with me.For installation of Solaris does it require logical partition? or can i install directly in another drive by booting from cd.If so Plz tell me the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh_s2020
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Installation

Hi, I want to know as we can install Sun Solaris through hyperterminal,Wheather any other software is coming through which we can install sun solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris installation

I have downloaded Solaris. But I can't install it on my 64 bit PC. It is fraught with installation problems. I gave it up. I know it will work on SUN Sparc computer. However, it is beyond my budget. Did you install it successfully on an ordinary PC? (49 Replies)
Discussion started by: Angelo
49 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris installation

I have installed solaris 10 then followed by linux. The problem is I could not boot solaris as in the menu solaris is not shown. I modified grub.conf but it showed and arror: invalid device number (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshmit07
8 Replies

6. Solaris

new installation Solaris

hi guys im totally new to Solaris - i can use it for some functions (like at work) but installing is a first for me - please dont flame if there are any stupid questions; allright, my set up is a gigabyte motherboard which is supposed to work (BigAdmin - HCL: Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H ) 4... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Landser
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Installation

Hi all, I have a question.... Where can we find the default log locations and can identify the number of CD's installed in the system on Sparc and Intel Machines???? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathiraju_t
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 1/13

Hi, I am doing a fresh installation of Solaris 10 1/13 on an IBM x3550 M3 server (x86). When I begin the installation it shows me failed to mount zfs, I was advised by oracle to ignore that. After the installation has finished and I reboot,I get a host of random errors after that it displays... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spirited67
1 Replies
AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)

NAME
amzfs-snapshot - Amanda script to create zfs snapshot DESCRIPTION
amzfs-snapshot is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem where the path specified is mounted. PRE-DLE-* create a snapshot and the POST-DLE-* destroy the snapshot, *-DLE-AMCHECK, *-DLE-ESTIMATE and *-DLE-BACKUP must be set to be executed on the client: execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client The PRE_DLE_* script output a DIRECTORY property telling where the directory is located in the snapshot. The application must be able to use the DIRECTORY property, amgtar can do it. The script is run as the amanda user, it must have the priviledge to create and destroy snapshot: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,snapshot,destroy FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the DLE must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data Arbitrary mounted dir /data/interesting_dir ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem must be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-snapshot's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-snapshot script to create a snapshot and use amgtar to backup the snapshot. define script-tool amzfs_snapshot { comment "backup of zfs snapshot" plugin "amzfs-snapshot" execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-amgtar { dt_amgtar script "amzfs_snapshot" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)