Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with if condition
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with if condition Post 302445957 by naveen529 on Tuesday 17th of August 2010 08:57:08 AM
Old 08-17-2010
help with if condition

I do have a situation where , i need to zip the log files in the directory when the file exceeds more than 10MB.
Code:
cd $ORACLE_HOME/network/log
find . -type f -name "listener_*.log" >  listeners

Now i have all my *.log files listed in the listeners file

So now i need to find the size of each log file listed in the listeners file which exceeds more than 10mb

and zip it..

Could you please me , i'm really stuck here.

Naveen.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Use code tags please.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition ...

i have following if condition if above statement is case sensitive.....what is syntax if i have to make above comparision case insensetive (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition

Hi friends, :) In a shell script i found the following if condition. echo -n "Which version of $1 do you want to restore ('0' to quit)? : " read desired if ${desired:=1} -ge $index ] ; then echo "$0: Restore canceled by user: index value too big." >&2 exit 1 fi Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if..else condition

i have a paramter data_date in which i am passing a string value.i want to find out another paramter file_date from this.the logic is given below if day of data_date = sunday or monday then file_date=data_date-1 else file_date=data_date-2 i am passing data_date as 20061027. how can i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Condition

Hi, I am trying to execute this command, but is it not working, says "`;' unexpected" eval $lgrep $SAM_CMD ; if ; then ; echo "No Error" ; fi What i want is, return the command output, if it is non zero, say "No Error". Thanks, John. (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
21 Replies

5. HP-UX

Difference between [condition] and [[condition]] and ((condition)) when used with if condition

Executed the following if conditions .. and got different results . only (( )) gave correct o/p with all scenarios . Can anybody please let me know what is the difference between and ] and ((condition)) when used with if condition. And why each condition gave different result. 1.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumyabubun
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout echo command in condition A run in condition B

hi, I have some problems in my simple script about the redirect echo stdout command inside a condition. Why is the echo command inside the elif still execute in the else command Here are my simple script After check on the two diff output the echo stdout redirect is present in two diff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition

if chr1:109457160 1 109457160 99.1735537190083 + chr1:109457233 1 109457233 99.1735537190083 - chr1:109457614 1 109457614 99.1735537190083 + chr1:109457618 1 109457618 100 + chr1:109457943 1 109457943 100 - chr1:109458224 1 109458224 99.1735537190083 - file1.txt If 6th column in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition return 0 even when it fails to satisfy te condition

HI My doubt may be basic one but I need to get it clarified.. When i use "if" condition that checks for many AND, OR logical conditions like if ]; then return 0 fi Even the if condition fails it returns as zero.. Any clue.. But if i add else condition like if ]; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IF [ condition ] help

Hi all Unix newbie - please be gentle Am modifying an existing script to error trap a variable with a length of 0 #!/bin/bash ipfile='/var/data/bin/ipaddress' ] && ipold="$(< "$ipfile" )" ipnew="$( wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/.*Current IP Address: //;s/<.*$//' )" #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRChamberlain
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with if condition

o/p of my command is given below My requirement is if Pnumber is 0 then stabilization.Build.2013 else stabilization.PBuild.2013.3 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
11 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.1 2012-02-22 DOVEADM-LOG(1)