Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Auto download - filename UCC-YYYYMMDD.zip format. Post 302445932 by methyl on Tuesday 17th of August 2010 07:56:18 AM
Old 08-17-2010
Generating YYYYMMDD depends on the reply to the MSDOS "date" command.
Mine replies "DD/MM/YYYY" (10 characters).

Generating the date on a UK Windows PC or Server in a MSDOS batch file.

Code:
@echo off
REM Format of date is DD/MM/YYYY
SET currdate=%date%
SET dd=%currdate:~0,2%
SET mm=%currdate:~3,2%
SET yyyy=%currdate:~6,4%
SET yyyymmdd=%yyyy%%mm%%dd%
echo %yyyymmdd%

You can also drive Microsoft FTP in a Windows Batch File. Whatever you type for your daily download session (including username and password) can be done from a Windows Batch File.

Last edited by methyl; 08-17-2010 at 09:04 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get yesterday date in yyyymmdd format

I would like to know how I could get a yesterday date in yyyymmdd e.g. today is 20011109, and I would like to get 20011108. Thank you!:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk_newbie
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

How can i get the yesterday's date in YYYYMMDD format

How can i get the yesterday's date in YYYYMMDD format??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadsr
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get yesterday in yyyymmdd format

how can i get yesterday in yyyymmdd format? :confused: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron_fong
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format date from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYYMMDD

I have a file with some date columns in MM/DD/YYYY format: SMPBR|DUP-DO NOT USE|NEW YORK||16105|BA5270715|6/6/2007 |MWERNER|109||||JOHN||SMITH|MD|72211118||||||74559|21 WILMINGTON RD||D|11/6/2003|SL# MD CONTACT-LIZ RICHARDS|||0|Y|N||1411458| And I want to convert the date format to: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the next day from 20100303 (YYYYMMDD format)

Hi , i have doubt in bash shell script.. for example my file name is sampledate.sh given command = ./sampledate.sh -d 20100303 -f karthi how to find the next day from 20100303 (YYYYMMDD format) After getting the next day ,changed date and -f argument value will be sent to one java class. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthinvk
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the date format from mmddyyyy to yyyymmdd

How do I change the date format from mmddyyyy to yyyymmdd in PERL. Can any one help me please. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thankful123
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Date after 5 dates in YYYYMMDD format

Hi Experts, How to get date 5 days after current date in YYYYMMDD format? How do we compare date in YYYYMMDD format? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: needyourhelp10
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format to be changed from DDMMYYYY to YYYYMMDD

My requirement is:- there will be files at a location each day with the date format DDMMYYYY. Novawise_Activity_Call_Notes_04022013.txt Novawise_Activity_Inbound_04022013.txt Novawise_Activity_Inbound_05022013.txt Novawise_Activity_Call_Notes_05022013.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: djrulz123
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print/cut/grep/sed/ date yyyymmdd on the filename only.

I have this filename "RBD_EXTRACT_a3468_d20131118.tar.gz" and I would like print out the "yyyymmdd" only. I use this command below, but if different command like cut or print....etc. Thanks ls RBD_EXTRACT* | sed 's/.*\(........\).tar.gz$/\1/' > test.txt (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotran
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to conver YYYYMMDD to MJD format?

I would like to convert YYYYMMDD to MJD format for eg 20041223 converted to 53362 in MJD format i got logic from javascript to covert it to MJD which is long enough function YMDtoMJD (year, month, day) { var year; var monthi var day; var yr = Math.floor (year); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mandalmanas24
1 Replies
SET SESSION 
AUTHORIZATION(7) SQL Commands SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION(7) NAME
SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION - set the session user identifier and the current user identifier of the current session SYNOPSIS
SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] SESSION AUTHORIZATION username SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] SESSION AUTHORIZATION DEFAULT RESET SESSION AUTHORIZATION DESCRIPTION
This command sets the session user identifier and the current user identifier of the current SQL-session context to be username. The user name may be written as either an identifier or a string literal. The session user identifier is valid for the duration of a connection; for example, it is possible to temporarily become an unprivileged user and later switch back to become a superuser. The session user identifier is initially set to be the (possibly authenticated) user name provided by the client. The current user identi- fier is normally equal to the session user identifier, but may change temporarily in the context of ``setuid'' functions and similar mecha- nisms. The current user identifier is relevant for permission checking. The session user identifier may be changed only if the initial session user (the authenticated user) had the superuser privilege. Other- wise, the command is accepted only if it specifies the authenticated user name. The SESSION and LOCAL modifiers act the same as for the regular SET [set(7)] command. The DEFAULT and RESET forms reset the session and current user identifiers to be the originally authenticated user name. These forms are always accepted. EXAMPLES
SELECT SESSION_USER, CURRENT_USER; current_user | session_user --------------+-------------- peter | peter SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION 'paul'; SELECT SESSION_USER, CURRENT_USER; current_user | session_user --------------+-------------- paul | paul COMPATIBILITY
SQL99 SQL99 allows some other expressions to appear in place of the literal username which are not important in practice. PostgreSQL allows iden- tifier syntax ("username"), which SQL does not. SQL does not allow this command during a transaction; PostgreSQL does not make this restriction because there is no reason to. The privileges necessary to execute this command are left implementation-defined by the stan- dard. SQL - Language Statements 2001-04-21 SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION(7)