Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with ksh scripting in AIX Post 302445745 by Corona688 on Monday 16th of August 2010 05:42:46 PM
Old 08-16-2010
run 'ps aux' in another terminal to see if you can tell what command it's frozen on.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Scripting

Will a shell script written in shell for HP/UX run on Solaris? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dstaller
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with KSH scripting

Hi I need to insert a page break into a file based on matching a phrase in the file. :confused: I am doing this with a ksh script on a Unix box. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrappycc
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh scripting help

I have the file as below server1 no dr aix 5300-05-03 9119-595 20-18888 yes ftp-eagle server2 no dr aix 5300-05-03 9119-595 20-18888 yes ftp-eagle server3 yes dr aix 5300-05-03 9119-595 20-18888 yes ftp-eagle server4 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveenbvarrier
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing AIX ksh scripting

I need to write the script for the below constraints. Need your help urgently The PATH environment variable must conform to the following: • World-writeable directories (/tmp, /var/tmp etc) must not be placed in the PATH variable. • System directories must always be placed before local... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmvinay
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in ksh scripting in aix

Hello gurus I am looking for a script : We need to generate a file list created by user id on a AIX box. Criteria 1: other than userid : dwimpid & aiadmin Criteria 2: Files older than 2 months ( it can be any user id ). File Path to Look: /project and /project1 Thx silu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: silu
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with ksh shell scripting

I want to run a script that checks the env to see if I'm in a test or prod environment. From the command line I enter echo $host and it returns host name and I can tell by the name if I'm in test or prod. When I run the command from a script I get "not found" What's wrong with the script? if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bperl1967
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX 5.3 ksh Scripting

Hi, I posted a request for sever OS types earlier, but got no response. In an attempt to at least have a starting point, I think scaling it to one OS is preferred. Once I see the gist of it I can modify to account for different cases. I need a script that will go and check to see if an LDAP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster2
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh scripting

Hi All, Can you please let me know what I missed in the below function? Whenever I try to execute the script i am getting syntax error at line 101 : `fi' unexpected Function is function DELNWE5O { export ORACLE_HOME=/ora00/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/grid_1 export... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvmanikandan
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH scripting

Hi Guys, I am trying to learn to script. first I have 2 server, A and B. A with IP 192.168.82.22. B with IP 192.168.82.44. Both with login user admin and password admin. server A will generate a file every day with name gg.log under /app/gg/20171002.log. I wish to write a script to copy the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: leecopper
7 Replies
SOCKS.FC(5)							File Formats Manual						       SOCKS.FC(5)

NAME
socks.fc - Frozen configuration file for SOCKS clients SYNOPSIS
/etc/socks.fc DESCRIPTION
The frozen configuration file is produced by make_socksfc and is essentially the memory image of the parsed configuration file. Using the frozen configuration file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS client programs since they no longer have to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS client starts, it always looks for the frozen configuration file /etc/socks.fc first . If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text configuration file /etc/socks.conf. If you use frozen configuration, you must remember to run make_socksfc every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS clients will continue to use the frozen file of a previous configuration. To find out the contents of a frozen configuration file, use dump_socksfc. SEE ALSO
dump_socksfc(8), make_socksfc(8), socks.conf(5), socks_clients(1) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@esd.sgi.com or yingda@best.com May 6, 1996 SOCKS.FC(5)