Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mandatory & record locking using client server architecture Post 302445691 by kodak on Monday 16th of August 2010 03:23:34 PM
Old 08-16-2010
10 PRINT "I WILL READ THE SITE GUIDELINES"
20 GOTO 10

HTH

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux server locking up

I've been running Django on MySQL on a Linux server for about 3 months w/o any problem. Suddenly a couple days ago, the server Django began throwing errors about not being able to connect to MySQL, at which point the entire server seizes up. The Apache Web server stops serving pages and SSH seizes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mongoose1
3 Replies

2. Programming

locking mutexes, threads & semahores

What is the difference between mutex_lock and pthread_mutex_lock ? Should I use both when using binary semaphores. Also, what is the difference between using a binary semaphore and a counting semaphore where you wait on the condition variable ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joey
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Securing and locking down a file server

Hi everyone! I'm totally new to Unix/Linux. In my last job I was able to be exposed a little bit by using unbuntu desktop for 11 months and also the xemacs editor. I basically know nothing and I'm totally interested in ditching the Microsoft Environment. I would like to build a file server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtaylor69
1 Replies

4. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File locking (Unix/Linux) & sftp

Hi all, Can anyone help ...on how to ensure that a file is locked . thanks & regards, Soodoo ---------------------------------------- Problem description: - We usually use the mv command in scripts to make sure that a file is complete and not being written to by another process. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soodoo
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Office server => laptop =>client server ...a lengthy and laborious ftp procedure

Hi All, I need your expertise in finding a way to solve my problem.Please excuse if this is not the right forum to ask this question and guide me to the correct forum,if possible. I am a DBA and on a daily basis i have to ftp huge dump files from my company server to my laptop and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

VPN Server & Client

First of all, hello. I have a problem installing a vpn server and client. My server is a computer running windows 7, and windows, running a virtual machine running debian. In the debian system, I've the vpn server installed (SoftEther VPN Server) The problems come when I try to connect to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blues23
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server ehen Restarting Database Server?

Good afternoon I need your help please. There is a Mantenance Windos which needs to Restart de Database Server 192.x.x.97 to set up some configuration Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server that runs in 192.x.x.95 ? Is it mandatory or not to stop/start apache and Tomcat?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
3 Replies
Tie::Handle(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  Tie::Handle(3pm)

NAME
Tie::Handle, Tie::StdHandle - base class definitions for tied handles SYNOPSIS
package NewHandle; require Tie::Handle; @ISA = qw(Tie::Handle); sub READ { ... } # Provide a needed method sub TIEHANDLE { ... } # Overrides inherited method package main; tie *FH, 'NewHandle'; DESCRIPTION
This module provides some skeletal methods for handle-tying classes. See perltie for a list of the functions required in tying a handle to a package. The basic Tie::Handle package provides a "new" method, as well as methods "TIEHANDLE", "PRINT", "PRINTF" and "GETC". For developers wishing to write their own tied-handle classes, the methods are summarized below. The perltie section not only documents these, but has sample code as well: TIEHANDLE classname, LIST The method invoked by the command "tie *glob, classname". Associates a new glob instance with the specified class. "LIST" would repre- sent additional arguments (along the lines of AnyDBM_File and compatriots) needed to complete the association. WRITE this, scalar, length, offset Write length bytes of data from scalar starting at offset. PRINT this, LIST Print the values in LIST PRINTF this, format, LIST Print the values in LIST using format READ this, scalar, length, offset Read length bytes of data into scalar starting at offset. READLINE this Read a single line GETC this Get a single character CLOSE this Close the handle OPEN this, filename (Re-)open the handle BINMODE this Specify content is binary EOF this Test for end of file. TELL this Return position in the file. SEEK this, offset, whence Position the file. Test for end of file. DESTROY this Free the storage associated with the tied handle referenced by this. This is rarely needed, as Perl manages its memory quite well. But the option exists, should a class wish to perform specific actions upon the destruction of an instance. MORE INFORMATION
The perltie section contains an example of tying handles. COMPATIBILITY
This version of Tie::Handle is neither related to nor compatible with the Tie::Handle (3.0) module available on CPAN. It was due to an accident that two modules with the same name appeared. The namespace clash has been cleared in favor of this module that comes with the perl core in September 2000 and accordingly the version number has been bumped up to 4.0. perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 Tie::Handle(3pm)