Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script for updating a .csv file Post 302445542 by suvenduperl on Monday 16th of August 2010 07:51:51 AM
Old 08-16-2010
In log.txt I have

Code:
M:\shah_view\DIR_source\TEA\TEA_CabinSDmonitoring.c@@\main\base2ucm_source\main\1
    M:\shah_view\DIR_source\TEA\TEA_CanBusLine.c@@\main\base2ucm_source\main\1

file_list.csv looks like this:

Code:
4DE\SWL\SWLCommon\SWL_common.c\main\16

If log contains SWL_common.c then put a (*) mark in the side row of this line in the *.csv.

So now we have to take only the SWL_common.c from the .csv and compare it with log.txt,then we need to put a (*) mark.

Hope you understood my requirement.....

Now in this script we have to remove all the *.c in to one array and compare that each element of the array in log.txt

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Updating a csv file held on a unix box with excel running on windows

Hi, my question is quite simple: Can I update a csv file which is held on a unix box (and which a script on the same box uses) with Microsoft Excel running in a windows environment? Or, is there a free spreadsheet package available to run in unix that will update my csv file. I know it's easy to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sn33R
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for updating table using file(

Hi, Data file path (.txt) Control file(.ctl) I have delimited file(|). Sample data: 1|name|50009|DS24|0|12 2|name|30009|DS24|0|13 3|name|20409|DS24|0|14 4|name|20009|DS24|0|15 5|name|10009|DS24|0|16 I want to load this data into a oracle table (update and insert) Please help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unihp1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk updating one file with another, comparing, updating

Hello, I read and search through this wonderful forum and tried different approaches but it seems I lack some knowledge and neurones ^^ Here is what I'm trying to achieve : file1: test filea 3495; test fileb 4578; test filec 7689; test filey 9978; test filez 12300; file2: test filea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecano
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating a line in a large csv file, with sed/awk?

I have an extremely large csv file that I need to search the second field, and upon matches update the last field... I can pull the line with awk.. but apparently you cant use awk to directly update the file? So im curious if I can use sed to do this... The good news is the field I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating a CSV file by multiple PERL scripts

Hi Friends, I'm writing code to update a CSV file by multiple PERL scripts. I've around 2000 PERL scripts which need to register their entries into a CSV file. Hence, I'm inserting following line code in all the 2000 PERL scripts. open(FILE,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to find date based on search string for continuesly updating file

Hi All, I am very new to UNIX and I have tried this for a longtime now and unable to crack it.... There is a file that is continuously updating. I need to search for the string and find the date @ which it updated every day..... eg: String is "work started" The log entry is as below: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nithz
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating the script for updating or replacing the existing http.conf file

Hi I need some help with a task, i am an absolute newbie to any form of shell scripting and request guidance. I have been building a proxy server using the apache mod proxy currently my solution is working , but i need to automate the process , suppose if any changes need to be made on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satej
0 Replies
ifpps(8)							netsniff-ng-toolkit							  ifpps(8)

NAME
ifpps - fetch and format kernel network statistics SYNOPSIS
ifpps -d|--dev <netdev> [-t|--interval <sec>][-p|--promisc][-c|--term] [-C|--csv][-H|--csv-tablehead][-l|--loop][-v|--version][-h|--help] DESCRIPTION
A tiny tool to provide top-like reliable networking statistics. ifpps reads out the 'real' kernel statistics, so it does not give erroneous statistics on high I/O load. OPTIONS
ifpps --dev eth0 Fetch eth0 interface statistics. ifpps --dev eth0 --interval 60 --csv Output eth0 interface statistics every minute in CSV format. OPTIONS
-h|--help Print help text and lists all options. -v|--version Print version. -d|--dev <netdev> Device to fetch statistics for i.e., eth0. -p|--promisc Put the device in promiscuous mode -t|--interval <time> Refresh time in sec (default 1 sec) -c|--term Output to terminal -C|--csv Output in CSV format. E.g. post-processing with Gnuplot et al. -H|--csv-tablehead Print CSV table head. -l|--loop Loop terminal output. AUTHOR
Written by Daniel Borkmann <daniel@netsniff-ng.org> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Emmanuel Roullit <emmanuel@netsniff-ng.org> BUGS
Please report bugs to <bugs@netsniff-ng.org> 2012-06-29 ifpps(8)