Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remote access and command execution on unix platform Post 302445422 by amitranjansahu on Monday 16th of August 2010 01:49:53 AM
Old 08-16-2010
rsh or ssh .

You can use ssh without passwd

refer bellow for password less ssh login

SSH login without password

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remote ACCESS in SCO UNIX

I have set up a modem in SCO Unix .. I want to dial in from a remote terminal program, what else is needed .. do I have to configure UUCP ?? How ? Any other configurations ? CHRIS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germiphene
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX, remote access problem

Hi, I am new to UNIX and I am given the responsibility of administering a UNIX machine recently. The system is a AIX 3.1 IBM. And, I am having problems in accessing the UNIX machine thru SSH. All the users were able to logon to the Unix machine using SSH protocol earlier. But, I dont know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdepa
1 Replies

4. Linux

unix command for multifile program execution

how can I compile and execute multifile program in unix os.:o (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokmishra8
0 Replies

5. AIX

how to allow Windows platform to access Unix based disk volumes

How to allow Windows platform to access Unix(AIX) based disk volumes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote command execution

We have multiple Unix servers and a particular command can only be executed in one of the box from a specific path. I have password-less ssh set up for all the boxes. I am unsure the command to use to execute that particular command from any other box. To be specific say program named _my_exe_ can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX Queue command execution

Hello, i was wondering if you could assist me in the following situation: i am trying to queue a group execution commands (same command but different parameters) submited from an openVMS system to a Unix system (HP UX). The commands should run in sequence; the next starts after prev finish... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wede23
5 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)