Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Need a suggestion about a good Linux Distribution Post 302445405 by rajamadhavan on Monday 16th of August 2010 12:57:01 AM
Old 08-16-2010
Hi,
I have used both Fedora and Ubuntu. In my experience I found Ubuntu better. Lightweight and stable.

-Raja

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Good website for Linux new-comers...

They have an interesting approach to HOW-TO files... for the newbie, by the ex-newbie. Check it out: http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/intel/index.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is Linux 7.2 Redhat a good start for a newbie

Never used UNIX before. Is Linux redhat 7.2 a good start? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: derek
6 Replies

3. Linux

Looking for a good book to learn LINUX

I have just transferred from an mainframe DB2 area to an area that uses LINUX. Any suggestions for a good book to buy for learning LINUX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigdawg
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

good mp3 player for linux

Hi all i am lookign for a good mp3 player under linux which runs nicely with an amd64 (x86-64) enverioment. i used too use xmms but i just found out that there are no active develepors anymore (last active developer logged in on forum somewhere in augustus 2005) so does someone knows a good... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jurrien
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suggestion: Alternative OS for Windows - Totally Clueless on Unix/Linux OS

Can anyone tell me a good alternative to Windows? OS that can connect to a Windows domain and use for everyday (can use with Oracle). Easy to learn. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: genesisX
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

which linux is good for unix ?

hi ... i want to use linux for unix , please suggest me which linux i should use thanks regards sanjeev (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjeev1
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please recommend a good Unix or Linux book

I looking to broaden my knowledge in Unix/Linux. I have taken some basic classes in the past and tinkered a little with operating system at home.. What i am looking for is if someone could suggest a good book or class or both to help out. Looking at getting a Unix or Linux Certification. I work... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: harlemi
7 Replies

8. Linux

What linux distribution is good?

Dear all i am new to Linux, i need a Linux OS that have been "qt development and lesstif" together. Regards (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkhorami76
5 Replies
byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)					       byobu					       byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)

NAME
byobu-launcher-uninstall - Byobu Launcher uninstallation utility SYNOPSIS
byobu-launcher-uninstall DESCRIPTION
byobu-launcher-uninstall(1) is a simple utilty that removes the line added to your $HOME/.profile by byobu-launcher-install(1) which launches byobu(1) any time you login through ssh(1) or on a console(4). SEE ALSO
screen(1), byobu(1), ssh(1), console(4), byobu-launcher-install(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 3 Jan 2010 byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)