Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with ksh scripting in AIX Post 302445210 by Corona688 on Saturday 14th of August 2010 12:26:22 PM
Old 08-14-2010
My crystal ball is still in for maintenance. What error is coming up?

The script doesn't care if the clearcase mount starts with /dev/, you can put anything you want in that list.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Scripting

Will a shell script written in shell for HP/UX run on Solaris? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dstaller
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with KSH scripting

Hi I need to insert a page break into a file based on matching a phrase in the file. :confused: I am doing this with a ksh script on a Unix box. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrappycc
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh scripting help

I have the file as below server1 no dr aix 5300-05-03 9119-595 20-18888 yes ftp-eagle server2 no dr aix 5300-05-03 9119-595 20-18888 yes ftp-eagle server3 yes dr aix 5300-05-03 9119-595 20-18888 yes ftp-eagle server4 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveenbvarrier
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing AIX ksh scripting

I need to write the script for the below constraints. Need your help urgently The PATH environment variable must conform to the following: • World-writeable directories (/tmp, /var/tmp etc) must not be placed in the PATH variable. • System directories must always be placed before local... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmvinay
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in ksh scripting in aix

Hello gurus I am looking for a script : We need to generate a file list created by user id on a AIX box. Criteria 1: other than userid : dwimpid & aiadmin Criteria 2: Files older than 2 months ( it can be any user id ). File Path to Look: /project and /project1 Thx silu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: silu
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with ksh shell scripting

I want to run a script that checks the env to see if I'm in a test or prod environment. From the command line I enter echo $host and it returns host name and I can tell by the name if I'm in test or prod. When I run the command from a script I get "not found" What's wrong with the script? if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bperl1967
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX 5.3 ksh Scripting

Hi, I posted a request for sever OS types earlier, but got no response. In an attempt to at least have a starting point, I think scaling it to one OS is preferred. Once I see the gist of it I can modify to account for different cases. I need a script that will go and check to see if an LDAP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster2
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh scripting

Hi All, Can you please let me know what I missed in the below function? Whenever I try to execute the script i am getting syntax error at line 101 : `fi' unexpected Function is function DELNWE5O { export ORACLE_HOME=/ora00/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/grid_1 export... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvmanikandan
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH scripting

Hi Guys, I am trying to learn to script. first I have 2 server, A and B. A with IP 192.168.82.22. B with IP 192.168.82.44. Both with login user admin and password admin. server A will generate a file every day with name gg.log under /app/gg/20171002.log. I wish to write a script to copy the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: leecopper
7 Replies
automountd(1M)															    automountd(1M)

NAME
automountd - autofs mount/unmount daemon SYNOPSIS
name=value] DESCRIPTION
is an RPC server that answers file system mount and unmount requests from the filesystem. It uses local files or name service maps to locate filesystems to be mounted. These maps are described with the command (see automount(1M)). The daemon is automatically invoked if the variable is set to 1 in Options Trace. Expand each RPC call and display it to Verbose. Log status messages to Turn off browsing for all mount points. This option overrides the map option on the local host. Force all mounts to the local host to be NFS mounts instead of the default LOFS mounts. This is necessary for highly available NFS mounts. Assign value to the indicated map substitution variable. These assignments cannot be used to substitute variables in the master map Tracing While is running, the signal can be sent to to turn tracing on. It logs messages in To turn tracing off, send the signal again. RETURN VALUE
returns: 0 successful 1 failure EXAMPLES
To turn on tracing, enter: or No messages are displayed by the trace. Check the results in WARNINGS
Any filesystems that are being managed by should never be manually mounted or unmounted. Even if the mount or unmount operation appears to complete successfully, the resulting change of state to the managed filesystem can lead to disruptive or unpredictable results, including but not limited to: commands hanging or not returning expected results, and applications failing due to their dependencies on those mounted filesystems. A reboot may be necessary to resolve these issues. AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. FILES
master map for automounter log file for automountd daemon SEE ALSO
automount(1M). automountd(1M)