Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 - DISPLAY
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris 10 - DISPLAY Post 302445057 by deedaz on Friday 13th of August 2010 03:27:57 PM
Old 08-13-2010
Solaris 10 - DISPLAY

Hello

Im having problems on re-directing the graphics from my Solaris to my PC.

I can connect using reflections and get to the Solaris desktop, however, when I login and set the DISPLAY, I cannot get the screen to my PC.

I run the below as root
Code:
DISPLAY=192.168.0.7:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Then when I run xclock nothing appears

Im not sure if I run the X server on the Solaris or does the Reflections run the X server on my PC.

And not sure If I have to run more commands and I have two screens attached to my PC's video card and not sure if this is causing any problems.

Any suggestions would be great

Dee

(Still new to Unix, Solaris)

---------- Post updated at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:20 PM ----------

Seems to work when I switch the second monitor off via the pc's display settings...

I have the answe now..need to see how it would work with a dual monitor

Dee

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 08-17-2010 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display driver under solaris 8

dear all : i installed solaris 8 on my PC , i am having aproblem with the display , i have an S3 savage 4 (32MB) Display adapter , i don't have its driver under solaris , any help or advises ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: behmoth
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to open display from windows to solaris?

How can I telnet from my windows XP machine to my Ultra 60 and run firefox? I am unable to open the display using /usr/openwin/bin/xhost like I do from one Sun machine to another? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ridgeback00
2 Replies

3. Solaris

X-SERVER will not display on Solaris 8

Hi, I just installed Solaris 8 (x86) on a PC and I cannot get the X-Server configured: Below is a copy of Xerrors: X_mkdir: No such file or directory X_mkdir: No such file or directory There is no XDISPLAY information for display 0. Check the OWconfig file(s) and try again. Fatal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Cant export display from aix to solaris.

Hi Frnds, i face a peculiar issue. I am managing 200 Aix workstations and 20 sun boxes. I am not anle to export the display from aix workstations to sun box, But vice versa it is working fine. But if i try to export the display to a sun box from other sun box it works perfectly. Could... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
3 Replies

5. Solaris

display wwpn on Solaris 2.6

Does anyone know how to find the wwpn? I have 2 dual-port hba card, having hard time finding wwpn through command lines. prtpicl isnt available - what are other commands to try? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiem
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email display not correct on Solaris 10

Hi Everyone, Can someone possibly point me in the direction? When I execute command echo "hello" | sendmail -v testacct@wyx.com I recived an email as expected except the From: NAME is incorrect. The server name is correct. It should read "From: TESTBOX1 " actual email: From: app... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smckech1972
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep to display file name along with content in Solaris

Am using the following grep to match a particular patter in grep. grep xyz abc.txt now while i run this command, if the pattern matched, am getting the line containing xyz Output: xyz is doing some work Now if i want the file name also along with my output, what should i do Expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rituparna_gupta
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display large file in Solaris?

Hi i want to see file in solaris which are eating space. like we have a listfiles command in AIX which show all the files in decreading order of the size . example of listfile command in this command i am able to all the huge file in root directory. do we have any similar command in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptor
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to Display M4000 XSCF IP from Solaris OS?

Hi All, I have an Oracle M4000 server with Solaris 10 OS. I have access to Solaris root prompt. But I don't know the XSCF IP of this server. Is there any way to display XSCF IP from Solaris OS? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: byrusber
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris commnd to display PCIEx cards in my machine T4-2

hi what is the commnd to see the FC cards in my system. i know fcinfo hba-port . plz guide (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: janakors
1 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)