Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: python and crontab
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers python and crontab Post 302444892 by vamsy on Friday 13th of August 2010 06:10:26 AM
Old 08-13-2010
The full path works! Thanks Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Python and Crontab

Hi, I am running a Python program using crontab as follows: * * * * * /home/usernine/metriculate.py But I keep getting an error: import: unable to open X server The following is what was in my mail on execution of crontab: X-Cron-Env: <SHELL=/bin/sh> X-Cron-Env:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidfrank
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Permissions Issue with Python

I have a cron on a Linux server that isn't executing properly. CRON (with specific info replaced): MAILTO=emailaddress@server.com */2 * * * * python /data/site/cron.py OUTPUT: python: can't open file '/data/site/cron.py ': No such file or directoryAdditional info - The python path is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theHire
3 Replies

3. Programming

Python: bash-shell-like less functionality in the python shell

Hello, Is there some type of functional way to read things in the Python shell interpreter similar to less or more in the bash (and other) command line shells? Example: >>> import subprocess >>> help(subprocess) ... ... I'm hoping so as I hate scrolling and love how less works with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

4. SuSE

"ssh suse-server 'python -V' > python-version.out" not redirecting

Okay, so I have had this problem on openSUSE, and Debian systems now and I am hoping for a little help. I think it has something to do with Python but I couldn't find a proper Python area here. I am trying to redirect the output of "ssh suse-server 'python -V'" to a file. It seems that no matter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Druonysus
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Python...

Hi all... Not sure where to put this so I put it here... All comments welcome... 1) Is the Python language now considered a part of the *NIX transient command structure much like Perl, (and awk)? 2) If so which OSes now have it as part of a "default" install - NOT an extra to be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

**python** unable to read the background color in python

I am working on requirement on spreadsheet in python scripting. I have a spreadsheet containing cell values and with background color. I am able to read the value value but unable to get the background color of that particular cell. Actually my requirement is to read the cell value along... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRONTAB - one python script is not running

Hi! I'm using a RaspberryPi with standard Raspbian. Currently I'm working on some sort of weather station. For now I have three python scripts - one which is updating txt files for website - update1m.py ( it will not be necessary in few next days so I'll delete it) , second one for updating... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartocham
4 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to execute python script on remote with python way..?

Hi all, I am trying to run below python code for connecting remote windows machine from unix to run an python file exist on that remote windows machine.. Below is the code I am trying: #!/usr/bin/env python import wmi c = wmi.WMI("xxxxx", user="xxxx", password="xxxxxxx")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies

9. Programming

Create a C source and compile inside Python 1.4.0 to 3.7.0 in Python for ALL? platforms...

Hi all... As you know I like making code backwards compatible for as many platforms as possible. This Python script was in fact dedicated for the AMIGA A1200 using Pythons 1.4.0, 1.5.2, 1.6.0, 2.0.1, and 2.4.6 as that is all we have for varying levels of upgrades from a HDD and 4MB FastRam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
Tcl_FindExecutable(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					     Tcl_FindExecutable(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_FindExecutable, Tcl_GetNameOfExecutable - identify or return the name of the binary file containing the application SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> void Tcl_FindExecutable(argv0) const char * Tcl_GetNameOfExecutable() ARGUMENTS
char *argv0 (in) The first command-line argument to the program, which gives the application's name. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The Tcl_FindExecutable procedure computes the full path name of the executable file from which the application was invoked and saves it for Tcl's internal use. The executable's path name is needed for several purposes in Tcl. For example, it is needed on some platforms in the implementation of the load command. It is also returned by the info nameofexecutable command. On UNIX platforms this procedure is typically invoked as the very first thing in the application's main program; it must be passed argv[0] as its argument. It is important not to change the working directory before the invocation. Tcl_FindExecutable uses argv0 along with the PATH environment variable to find the application's executable, if possible. If it fails to find the binary, then future calls to info nameofexecutable will return an empty string. Tcl_GetNameOfExecutable simply returns a pointer to the internal full path name of the executable file as computed by Tcl_FindExecutable. This procedure call is the C API equivalent to the info nameofexecutable command. NULL is returned if the internal full path name has not been computed or unknown. KEYWORDS
binary, executable file Tcl 8.1 Tcl_FindExecutable(3)