Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Run a script in silent mode
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run a script in silent mode Post 302444696 by firestar on Thursday 12th of August 2010 01:39:36 PM
Old 08-12-2010
@Ikon

thank you for the reply

Could you please explain what this will do ??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

run in debug mode

Hi, I have a question on my korn shell script. When I run without debugging turned on, I can't get the correct result. If I turn on the debug mode, like sh -x myprogram, it will give me the correct result. Can someone tell me what is going on here? Thanks, :rolleyes: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run shell script in silent mode

Hi, I have a AIX shell script that normally runs in an interactive mode. Now there is a need to it in silent mode and take all default answers. How do I do that? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: x057373
3 Replies

3. Linux

Wine in silent mode

I want to run through wine the utorrent and I don't want the messages that are usually displayed in the console, so I use the following command wine utorrent.exe > /dev/null & but it doesn't seem to work. Especially the redirection of the messages to the /dev/null doesn't work at all. Do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myle
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script is not exiting from run mode.

Hi Folks. My script is not exiting after run though its working correctly please suggest. #!/bin/ksh trap '' HUP . /bin/functions config_env PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:$EXEC_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin MONTH=$(control_register month) YEAR=$(control_register year) DATE_NOW="Job... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haque123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run VI in batch mode

Hi how do I use vi to do change some strings in a shell script loop 1. Run ls first, for each file that contains the word salesreport*.txt, do the following 2. use vi to run the following ex command : "1,$s/1975/1945/ig, wq" Please tell me how to do this in vi, not sed. Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run from waiting mode

I have no idea why this job has been put into waiting state by server. Can anyone help me to run this job from waiting state. ps -elf | grep 'usr_script' 4 S usr_script 3929 3926 0 77 0 - 2976 wait Oct21 ? 00:00:00 /bin/ksh /application_folder/script/report 0 S usr_script ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
2 Replies

7. Linux

How to run User-mode Linux installed with synaptic package manager in Ubuntu 10.10

I have installed user-mode linux kernel in Ubuntu 10.10 with the help of Synaptic package manager. But I'm not getting how to run it. If we install it manually, we've to run it using the executable binary file. But here, I'm unable to locate any such file. Please help.... Thanking You.... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitadeshmukh1
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Single maintence mode cannot run any command on M4000

Hii All I was building two M4000 servers and one was successfully installed. Other one /usr has been unmounted. my putty session got disconnected and i connected to console where it asked for root single maintence # # init 0 not foung # df -h not found # xscf>poweroff -a xscf>... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: seems
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run in background mode.

Hi All, i'm a newbie here, i'm just wondering in how do i run my script in background then echo it if it's done. Please advise, Thanks, -nik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

how to run glance over ssh in batch mode

Hello; Is it possible to run glance over ssh in batch mode ?? Similar to running " top -f " command over ssh.. Need to get glance output for specific pids Thnx very much (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
5 Replies
SERVICE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							SERVICE(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script or systemd unit in as predictable an environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with the current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT, or the name of a systemd unit. The existence of a systemd unit of the same name as a script in /etc/init.d will cause the unit to take precedence over the init.d script. The supported val- ues of COMMAND depend on the invoked script. service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS to the init script unmodified. For systemd units, start, stop, status, and reload are passed through to their systemctl/initctl equivalents. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. The status is [ + ] for running services, [ - ] for stopped services and [ ? ] for services without a status command. This option only calls status for sysvinit jobs. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. /{lib,run,etc}/systemd/system The directories containing systemd units. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, LANGUAGE, LC_CTYPE, LC_NUMERIC, LC_TIME, LC_COLLATE, LC_MONETARY, LC_MESSAGES, LC_PAPER, LC_NAME, LC_ADDRESS, LC_TELEPHONE, LC_MEA- SUREMENT, LC_IDENTIFICATION, LC_ALL, TERM, PATH The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton update-rc.d(8) init(8) invoke-rc.d(8) systemctl(1) AUTHOR
Miloslav Trmac <mitr@redhat.com>, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> Licence: GNU Public Licence v2 (GPLv2) COPYRIGHT
2006 Red Hat, Inc., Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> Jan 206 SERVICE(8)