Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scan compressed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting scan compressed Post 302444686 by x-zer0 on Thursday 12th of August 2010 01:09:19 PM
Old 08-12-2010
scan compressed

Hello all
I want to help
I have some compressed files on the system
When you want to unzip these files
Delete any file which symlink
"ln -s"
{{
I need script is necessary
Script contain:
Any operation to decompress the system is doing to delete any symlink
After decompress files

}}

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file compressed or not

Is there a way I can check if a file is comppressed or not? (Be it tar/gzip or compress). trying to write a generic housekeeping scrit that will delete files over 6 months old and compress any uncompressed files if less than 6 months old. But not sure if there is a clever way to check except for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badg3r
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting Compressed Fields

Are any of you guys aware of any problems when trying to sort compressed fields? Why I uncompress the file I am trying to sort, I have no problem sorting but when I try to sort compressed fields it doesnt work properly. I need to be able to sort these compressed fields. Any explanation why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ndoggy020
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compressed file

I compressed a file by using gzip command gzip <<xx>> filename changed to xx.gz How to view this xx.gz file. Any idea. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process a compressed file

Hi i have a filename.tar.bz2 and i have to parse it with a tool that doesn't support compressed files. I have to do it for many big files, so i can't decompress and then process. I'd like to do something like: tar -jxvf namefile.tar.bz2 | parsing_tool i mean analyze it directly,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

password for compressed/gziped

Dear All, I have script which generates the reports in csv format and compress/gzip these files. I need to put password for these compressed/gziped files and these can be opened on windows using same password. is it possible to do the same.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arvindng
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compressed file

i have a file 4d7a94d0.bbb.1292 when i do file 4d7a94d0.bbb.1292 the ouput is below 4d7a94d0.bbb.1292: gzip compressed data - deflate method and i run this command gunzip -c 4d7a94d0.bbb.1292 | awk '{gsub("\"","")}/I_ACCOUNT_ID/{print $2}' RS=":|;" FS="," i get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackzinga80
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of compressed program

I need UNIX scripts for polling, Uncompressing files and moving files between directory. Also trying to save file paths and any other variables in an independent file (.env) and use these at runtime by executing this file in the main script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2script
3 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Compressed Filesystem for Linux

Hi Everybody: I'm searching a compressed Filesystem for a external disk, what I use for a full, diary and differential Backup. The performance is not important, I search the best option for compress data, but I want have access to structure disk, with directories and files in the Backup disk.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bypper
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Size of compressed file

Hi All, Is there is any way to find the size of compressed file without doing decompression. The size should give the original uncompressed data size Thanks Arun (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate compressed files

Hi All, I have zip file that needs to be validated and checked for 5 times with sleep of 60 seconds. Some thing like below #!/bin/bash counter=1 while do curl -i -k -X GET `strings tmp.txt |grep Location| cut -f2 -d" "` -H "Authorization: Token $TOKEN" -o $zip_file ## this is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
6 Replies
XZDEC(1)							     XZ Utils								  XZDEC(1)

NAME
xzdec, lzmadec - Small .xz and .lzma decompressors SYNOPSIS
xzdec [option]... [file]... lzmadec [option]... [file]... DESCRIPTION
xzdec is a liblzma-based decompression-only tool for .xz (and only .xz) files. xzdec is intended to work as a drop-in replacement for xz(1) in the most common situations where a script has been written to use xz --decompress --stdout (and possibly a few other commonly used options) to decompress .xz files. lzmadec is identical to xzdec except that lzmadec supports .lzma files instead of .xz files. To reduce the size of the executable, xzdec doesn't support multithreading or localization, and doesn't read options from XZ_DEFAULTS and XZ_OPT environment variables. xzdec doesn't support displaying intermediate progress information: sending SIGINFO to xzdec does nothing, but sending SIGUSR1 terminates the process instead of displaying progress information. OPTIONS
-d, --decompress, --uncompress Ignored for xz(1) compatibility. xzdec supports only decompression. -k, --keep Ignored for xz(1) compatibility. xzdec never creates or removes any files. -c, --stdout, --to-stdout Ignored for xz(1) compatibility. xzdec always writes the decompressed data to standard output. -q, --quiet Specifying this once does nothing since xzdec never displays any warnings or notices. Specify this twice to suppress errors. -Q, --no-warn Ignored for xz(1) compatibility. xzdec never uses the exit status 2. -h, --help Display a help message and exit successfully. -V, --version Display the version number of xzdec and liblzma. EXIT STATUS
0 All was good. 1 An error occurred. xzdec doesn't have any warning messages like xz(1) has, thus the exit status 2 is not used by xzdec. NOTES
Use xz(1) instead of xzdec or lzmadec for normal everyday use. xzdec or lzmadec are meant only for situations where it is important to have a smaller decompressor than the full-featured xz(1). xzdec and lzmadec are not really that small. The size can be reduced further by dropping features from liblzma at compile time, but that shouldn't usually be done for executables distributed in typical non-embedded operating system distributions. If you need a truly small .xz decompressor, consider using XZ Embedded. SEE ALSO
xz(1) XZ Embedded: <http://tukaani.org/xz/embedded.html> Tukaani 2010-09-27 XZDEC(1)