Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Attaching HDS External storage to AIX Servers Post 302444628 by prtaix on Thursday 12th of August 2010 09:46:27 AM
Old 08-12-2010
Attaching HDS External storage to AIX Servers

Hi cerebr0 and zxmaus,

Thanks for your guidance. One more question. How do we do the data replication for HDS arrays attached to AIX Servers. The steps given to us for data replication are as follows:

(i) Enable Fabric Splitter
(ii) Attach RP
(iii) Enable the replication.

Can you please guide me with regards to this?

Thanks in advance.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX and Storage

Hi:- What is the best way to determine what type of storage is attached to an AIX server? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: janet
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX 10.2 servers interoperability with IBM mass storage devices

Does anyone have succesfully interconnected HP-UX 10.2 HP 9000 K370 servers with A6885A HBA's, with an IBM Fastt storage server? I need to replace integrate both platforms. Interoperability matrices from manufacturers do not certified such integration. Thanks for anybody's help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raltmannr
0 Replies

3. Programming

AIX dbx - attaching to a process that is crashing

Hey everyone, I'm trying to attach to a process that is crashing so I can debug the source code. I've tried this: dbx -a PID stop at "file.cpp":line# However, nothing ever breaks. The service crashes and restarts, but I never see it hitting the code. I've tried to use a core file, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctote
2 Replies

4. AIX

pwage-aix for IBM AIX servers

This is the password aging script for aix just completed. So far tested and still testing on one of our aix server running 5.3.0.0. So anyway as you can see it is very similar to pwage-hpux-T the only difference on aix /etc/passwd file looks in this format. Also for this script to work you need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Documentation on connecting EMC storage to Solaris servers

Hi Can anyone suggest me some documents for EMC clarion documents which I am going to use in the servers with solaris environments. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ningy
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Attaching 1TB external drive to SunFire v880

Hi I have a 1TB external drive that I want to attach to a SunFire v880 server which runs on Solaris 9. After attaching the external drive what commands should I issue so that the drive will be seen by the server? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
7 Replies

7. AIX

AIX How to exchange hostname and IP address between two AIX servers?

Hi all, I am trying to exchange hostname and IP address of two AIX machines. But i am confused as how to change it ? do i need to use "smitty mktcpip" or "smitty tcpip" ? what is the difference between smitty mktcpip and smitty tcpip ? Also anymore steps to follow or just updating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
3 Replies
SYNC_CLIENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    SYNC_CLIENT(8)

NAME
sync_client - client side of the synchronization (replication) engine SYNOPSIS
sync_client [ -v ] [ -l ] [ -z ] [ -C config-file ] [ -S servername ] [ -f input-file ] [ -F shutdown_file ] [ -w wait_interval ] [ -t timeout ] [ -d delay ] [ -r ] [ -u ] [ -m ] [ -s ] objects... DESCRIPTION
Sync_client is the client side of the replication system. It runs on the client (master) system and connects to the target (replica) sys- tem and generates an appropriate sequence of transactions to synchronize the replica system with the master system. OPTIONS
-v Verbose mode. -l Verbose logging mode. -o Only attempt to connect to the backend server once rather than waiting up to 1000 seconds before giving up. -z Enable compress. If you set 'sync_compress' in the imapd.conf or pass -z to sync_client, the replication protocol will attempt to enable deflate compression on the connection. -C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -S servername Tells sync_client which server to communicate with. Overrides the sync_host configuration option. -f input-file In mailbox or user replication mode: provides list of users or mailboxes to replicate. In rolling replication mode, specifies an alternate log file (sync_client will exit after processing the log file). -F shutdown-file Rolling replication checks for this file at the end of each replication cycle and shuts down if it is present. Used to request nice clean shutdown at first convenient point. The file in question is removed on shutdown. Overrides sync_shutdown_file option in imapd.conf -w interval Wait this long before starting. Typically used so that we can attach a debugger to one end of the replication system or the other. -t timeout Timeout for single replication run in rolling replication. sync_client will negotiate a restart after this many seconds. Default: 600 seconds -d delay Minimum delay between replication runs in rolling replication mode. Larger values provide better efficiency as transactions can be merged. Smaller values mean that the replica system is more up to date and that you don't end up with large blocks of replication transactions as a single group. Default: 3 seconds. -r Rolling (repeat) replication mode. Pick up a list of actions recorded by the lmtpd(8), imapd(8), popd(8) and nntpd(8) daemons from the file specified in sync_log_file. Repeat until sync_shutdwon_file appears. -n Use the named channel for rolling replication mode. If multiple channels are specified in sync_log_channels then use one of them. This option is probably best combined with -S to connect to a different server with each channel. -u User mode. Remaining arguments are list of users who should be replicated. -m Mailbox mode. Remaining arguments are list of mailboxes which should be replicated. -s Sieve mode. Remaining arguments are list of users whose Sieve files should be replicated. Principally used for debugging purposes: not exposed to sync_client(8). FILES
/etc/imapd.conf SEE ALSO
sync_server(8) AUTHORS
David Carter (dpc22@cam.ac.uk), Ken Murchison (ken@oceana.com) CMU
Project Cyrus SYNC_CLIENT(8)