Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Printing to Windows 7 using Samba 2.0.3 via VPN connection to SCO 3.2v5.0.6 Post 302444626 by tbb999 on Thursday 12th of August 2010 09:43:01 AM
Old 08-12-2010
Yes, msbclient and smbstatus on the server both "see" the Windows 7 PC - and I can successfully map a drive on the PC to the SCO server. I just can not get samba to communicate a print job to the PC /SHARE. Thanks for your suggestion.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ulimit on sco release 3.2v5.0.4

How can the ulimit be increased from 2GB without changing the mounted file systems. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanker
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO 3.2v5.05Eb: ? on trimming strings

Greetings. If I have a file with the following format: joe__________blow 1313 mockingbird pl. Los Angeles________, CA. 90210 bill__________clinton 1234 doghouse New York__________, NY. 12345 (note: I underlined what are spaces in the list due to the fact the billboard spaces them... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gee-dub
4 Replies

3. SCO

Telnet connection to Sco Unixware from Windows 2000 taking longer !!!

Telnet connection to SCO Unixware server taking longer to return the Login prompt !!! Thanx in advance for any suggestions or help in this regard . Cheers KBiswas (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbiswas
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing VPN Connection

Hi All: I need a script that can be timed to run every half hour to an hour to run a traceroute through a VPN to test that a connection is still up from a Win XP system. Which would be the best, C++ or Perl and what are some good resources to look at. (If anyone has a script to do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxhewitt
1 Replies

5. SCO

windows connection to sco

I have a Sco box that runs an application. I currently have several connections open on terminals that connect via IP. How ever these are basically dumb terminals with a very basic configuration. I would like to connect to the Sco server from a windows pc. Now the questions. Will HyperTerminal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogueIT
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

VPN Connection

Hello, I have question about VPN connection thats, I have two networks 1-Office Network 2-Home Network both are connected to internet i have in Office network PPTP VPN Server with real or static ip and on the home network all clients working with local ip Now , I need to connect to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxCommandos
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Cisco VPN server and client - connection drop

I have a Cisco 1841 router configured as Easy VPN Server. Here is the configuration of the router: Cisco# Cisco#show running-config Building configuration... Current configura - Pastebin.com I have a Centos 5.7 server with installed Cisco VPN client for Linux. The client successfully... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcbandit
0 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

VPN Initial Connection Problem

Hey everyone. I have a problem, but it may be my lack of understanding that is the cause. Ok so I attend a technical school, and needless to say there's a lot of wannabe hackers, pranksters and what not. So from my laptop I'd like to connect to the wireless AP's around campus, but security is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Internet connection single interface through vpn

Hi. Can you please help me with a routing problem? There are 2 networks: 192.168.10.0/24 (eth0) 192.168.11.0/24 (eth0:1) The default gateway is 192.168.10.1 iPv4 routing is already enabled and working. With vpnc I've built up an VPN connection and can access my home network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tschmi
0 Replies
SMBSTATUS(1)							   User Commands						      SMBSTATUS(1)

NAME
smbstatus - report on current Samba connections SYNOPSIS
smbstatus [-P] [-b] [-d <debug level>] [-v] [-L] [-B] [-p] [-S] [-s <configuration file>] [-u <username>] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(7) suite. smbstatus is a very simple program to list the current Samba connections. OPTIONS
-P|--profile If samba has been compiled with the profiling option, print only the contents of the profiling shared memory area. -b|--brief gives brief output. -d|--debuglevel=level level is an integer from 0 to 10. The default value if this parameter is not specified is 0. The higher this value, the more detail will be logged to the log files about the activities of the server. At level 0, only critical errors and serious warnings will be logged. Level 1 is a reasonable level for day-to-day running - it generates a small amount of information about operations carried out. Levels above 1 will generate considerable amounts of log data, and should only be used when investigating a problem. Levels above 3 are designed for use only by developers and generate HUGE amounts of log data, most of which is extremely cryptic. Note that specifying this parameter here will override the smb.conf.5.html# parameter in the smb.conf file. -V|--version Prints the program version number. -s|--configfile <configuration file> The file specified contains the configuration details required by the server. The information in this file includes server-specific information such as what printcap file to use, as well as descriptions of all the services that the server is to provide. See smb.conf for more information. The default configuration file name is determined at compile time. -l|--log-basename=logdirectory Base directory name for log/debug files. The extension ".progname" will be appended (e.g. log.smbclient, log.smbd, etc...). The log file is never removed by the client. -v|--verbose gives verbose output. -L|--locks causes smbstatus to only list locks. -B|--byterange causes smbstatus to include byte range locks. -p|--processes print a list of smbd(8) processes and exit. Useful for scripting. -S|--shares causes smbstatus to only list shares. -h|--help Print a summary of command line options. -u|--user=<username> selects information relevant to username only. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
smbd(8) and smb.conf(5). AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The original Samba man pages were written by Karl Auer. The man page sources were converted to YODL format (another excellent piece of Open Source software, available at ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/) and updated for the Samba 2.0 release by Jeremy Allison. The conversion to DocBook for Samba 2.2 was done by Gerald Carter. The conversion to DocBook XML 4.2 for Samba 3.0 was done by Alexander Bokovoy. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 SMBSTATUS(1)