Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with Exceed
Operating Systems Solaris Help with Exceed Post 302444488 by Jaguar_eyes on Thursday 12th of August 2010 03:38:28 AM
Old 08-12-2010
Help with Exceed

Hi,

I need help with operating exceed from a local computer to a solaris machine using putty.
putty - version 60
Hummingbird Xserver for win 32 version 7.1.0.0
Communication mode is set to 'passive' in exceed

Following are the steps that I followed
  • Start 'Exceed'
  • Opened putty
  • Enabled X11 Forwarding ; set X_display to the ip address of my local computer - ipaddress:0
  • Opened the target solaris server
  • logged in as root
  • typed the command-DISPLAY=<ipaddress>:0.0 export DISPLAY
  • xclock
I get the errror as follows
Error: Can't open display: 10.28.15.88:0.0

exceed.log does not have any information

Following are the entries in the sshd_config file (/etc/ssh)
# X11 tunneling options
X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10
X11UseLocalhost yes

Your inputs are much appreciated Smilie

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exceed subsitutions?

Does anyone know if there any application perform better than Exceed? It seems some video card doesn't support Exceed. thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: E-Quality
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Exceed

Does anyone know how to get exceed to bring up the CDE in Windows. I have been trying and only get the telnet to come up. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet/Exceed

I wanted to know difference between Telnet/Hummingbird- Exceed/FTP. THe reason why i asked the question b'coz i have three cad systems & two are in windows environment & one in unix I wanted to put all three into network & share the data. Which software you wanted to purchase & how could i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kar1
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Exceed Login

I have a number of systems running 11i and 10.2. I need to log in using Exceed V8.0. On all systems, except one, I get the HP CDE screen asking for USER name and password. Upon entering the information, the screen goes away and comes back with the same HP CDE screen, asking again. I have one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: old_tex
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with using Exceed

Hi Gurus I am facing problem in using Exceed to connect to one HP Ux server. I used Exceed (XDMCP-Broadcast) but can't see the IP address of the server I want to connect to. What could be the reason for this ? (Network Connectivity is fine as I can connect using telnet) Then I used Client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amardeep
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Exceed on Vista ?

Hi there, I have a copy of Exceed 7.0, which I use on my Win XP pro machine to get access to the Solaris CDE, but this version will not run on my Vista laptop. Do I need to get the very latest version of Exceed to run on Vista ? or is there an interim version which I might find on Ebay ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freddo_21
2 Replies

7. Solaris

exceed display

PC: WinXP professional 2002, sp2 when i tried to use XDMCP Brodcast, it's not displaying any ip's and when i used XDMCP Query by giving the ip address, i couldn't see any display. In the task manager it's showing the exe as running. what could be the problem? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Exceed connection issues

I'm trying to use Exceed 7.1 to connect to a Solaris server (T2000, running Solaris 10). What are the settings that should be specified on Solaris to enable this connectivity to happen? I'm getting connection issues. Is there a type of service that needs to be running? If sombody can give a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunguy222
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exceed Display Problem

Hi, i am running an application on our hp_ux server from my laptop(windows xp) which need an xwindow system for graphical display. I have exceed installed on my laptop to use as x window terminal. when i am in My office,i am able to export that application using below commands. DISPLAY=<my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagan_kalluri
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Exceed and offscreen rendering

Hi everyone. I made a program which renders a 3D scene into a pbuffer/pixmap (if pbuffer aren't supported) in order to export it to a postscript file. On a RHEL4 (32/64 bits) or whatever distribution may be, it works just fine. I'm using Exceed when I'm working under WinXP and each time I run my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JB007ROLV
0 Replies
SEQDIAG(1)						      General Commands Manual							SEQDIAG(1)

NAME
seqdiag - generate sequence-diagram image file from spec-text file. SYNOPSIS
seqdiag [options] file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the seqdiag commands. seqdiag is generate sequence-diagram image file from spec-text file. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -a, --antialias Pass diagram image to anti-alias filter -c FILE, --config=FILE read configurations from FILE -o FILE write diagram to FILE -f FONT, --font=FONT use FONT to draw diagram -T TYPE Output diagram as TYPE format SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by http://tk0miya.bitbucket.org/seqdiag/build/html/index.html AUTHOR
seqdiag was written by Takeshi Komiya <i.tkomiya@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Kouhei Maeda <mkouhei@palmtb.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). May 21, 2011 SEQDIAG(1)