Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script assistance needed - create an archive of INI files Post 302444104 by pludi on Wednesday 11th of August 2010 01:18:07 AM
Old 08-11-2010
If it comes to locating data in a tree there isn't really a faster option than find. One option might be
Code:
find /path -type f -name '*.ini' -print | cpio -o | gzip -9c > backup.cpio.gz

This User Gave Thanks to pludi For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS mount assistance needed...

Hello all - I've searched this forum, but was unable to find out the info I need. I'm trying to mount (nfs mount) a directory on another box from my Linux machine. The mount point resides on a Tru64 digital unix machine. The machine trying to do the mount is a Linux machine (redhat 8.0). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heron
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assistance needed.

the command "nawk" returns the error command cannot be found in my unix system. Is there a specific library i need to have to use this command? I tried, the whereis command and it returns nothing. if there is nothing to do, what command can i use to replace this nawk command? Appreciate some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 12yearold
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Yellow Book assistance needed

Has anyone worked with yellow book in a unix/linux environment? If so, could you provide me with more answers around this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FL1
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance needed with perl script

Ok, theres a log file containing the below. Lets call the logfile log_fantastic: 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC: 0014BF2D385A - STATUS_ID: 30 - STATE: ERROR 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC: 001310AC120D - STATUS_ID: 15 - STATE: OK 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Assistance Needed With Find/Replace in Vi

Hello All I have always had a question about find and replace in Vi. As this uses Vi, sed, and RegEx I never knew how or where to post the question but I thought I would give it a shot here. Say I have a text file filled with the following: Sue, your IP address is 192.168.1.10 which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoSalt
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

assistance needed to add 2 other routines to my script

Hello guys, In my script, I need to add two other routines where I Manipulate the files with a 'x' The routine looks at CLI named qip-getobjectprof that references a input file named hosts_list.txt Then I use the CLI named qip-setobject to set the orignal name with an 'x'and move the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance needed for pattern matching

Hi, Below are input files:- File1:- 1: ### CREATE TABLE ## 2: SOMETHING ELSE 1 3: ### CREATE TABLE ## 4: ### CREATE <spaces> 5: TABLE ### 6:SOMETHING ELSE 2 7: ## CREATE 8: <spaces> TABLE ### 9: SOMETHING ELSE 3 File2:- Similar Format... Desired 1 Output File:- (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishal
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create md5 sums and archive the resulting md5 files

Hello everyone, I am looking to basically creating md5sum files for all iso files in a directory and archive the resulting md5 files into a single archive in that very same directory. I worked out a clumsy solution such as: #find files for which md5sum are to be created and store the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SurfTranquille
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create archive and nil the content of log file using script

Plese help I need a urgent requirement. Ex: test.log requirement : using shell script I need to archive the log file and nil and the content of (test.log) file to 0 kb and then in the archive folder log files are name to test.tar test1.tar test2.tar EX: /home/abc/ test.log ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johney1981
1 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)