Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help to create a script to parse log files Post 302443887 by Samb95 on Tuesday 10th of August 2010 10:48:17 AM
Old 08-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pravin27
Its running fine at my end.

This is perl script. 1) you have to create a file with name "parser.pl"
2) make it executable ( chmod +x parser.pl)
3) run the script , you have to provide log filename with path. In my case log file is in /tmp directory and my log filename is testfile.log
(e.g ./parser.pl /tmp/testfile.log VOIP )
Thanks for the help pravin. i had an error in the script that is why it did not work. I do not want to abuse but can you explain me a little bit what is done in the script because I don't understand everything, especially all those signs you have put in there.

Thanks Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripts that parse log files

hi all ,i would like a shell script that parses log files and checks the contents for any anonalities,please help,thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trueman82
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help w/ script to read file and parse log message

Hi, I am working on the script to parsing the specific message like "aaaa" in multiple log files like N1-***,N2-***,N3-***... The script is to find the list of lof files which contains the message "aaaa" and export the list into excel filE. Can anyone give help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyork2001
2 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

shell script that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching pattern

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itian2010
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a Script - Parse the log backup

Hello all, I need a script to parse the backup logs. I am newbie to scripting, please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep007
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i parse my Unix log files??

Hello, i would like to parse Unix log files and i would like to use a Unix syslog analyzer. I'm going to use Eucalyptus and i would like to parse its log files. Is there any open source/free syslog parser?? Thanks, in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to parse results from TWO files

I am trying to parse two files and get data that does not match in one of the columns ( column 3 in my case ) Data for two files are as follows A.txt ===== abc 10 5 0 1 16 xyz 16 1 1 0 18 efg 30 8 0 2 40 ijk 22 2 0 1 25 B.txt ===== abc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: roger67
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse Log & Create Flow Diagram - Ideas/Tools

Hi, I would like to develop a script which parses the log file and generates a flow diagram ( graphical display ). We have an application, for understanding the sequence of functions call made, we have an debug line at "ENTRY/EXIT" of function. I have a small log parsing script which grep the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ennstate
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to parse all files in the folder

Hello Smart People! I have a perl script that will import xml data into an access db. I would like to modify it so it will automatcially parse through all xml files in the folder. I swa a post but couldnt get it working. her is what my scrip looks like, i only list the top if you need more... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowboymaverick
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Parse And Create Multiple Files Based on Field Value

Hello: I am working parsing a large input file which will be broken down into multiples based on the second field in the file, in this case: STORE. The idea is to create each file with the corresponding store number, for example: Report_$STORENUM_$DATETIMESTAMP , and obtaining the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ec012
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse log files

Hi all, We are having a sample log like .... test.log:2015.03.17 06:16:24 >> ABC.generateMethod() MethodAException while processing Request! DataForm: Header --- dtd: template.dtd, titleName: berger, requestId: 1503170032131, documentName: invoice123, hostName: acme.net, userName: userABC... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tandrei
10 Replies
lsmsad(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 lsmsad(8)

NAME
lsmsad - Starts the Storage Administrator (SA) daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/lsmsad DESCRIPTION
The SA daemon, lsmsad, is a process required by lsmsa, the SA graphical user interface (GUI). The daemon issues commands and obtains system information on behalf of SA. The SA daemon runs on a Tru64 UNIX system on which LSM is initialized and running. The SA client runs on any machine that supports the Java Runtime Environment. The SA daemon is automatically started at boot time. Under normal conditions, the daemon does not need to be run manually. If SA does not start during the boot process, enter: /sbin/init.d/lsmsa stop To restart SA, enter: /sbin/init.d/lsmsa start Only one SA daemon can be running on a system at a given time. If a second SA daemon attempts to start, it will fail. RESTRICTIONS
You must be root user to run lsmsad. FILES
The script that starts lsmsad at boot time. The command log file that tracks SA tasks. The access log file that tracks login to SA. The server log file that tracks server startup information and server errors. The log maintenance shell script that saves and compresses log files. SEE ALSO
lsmsa(8), volintro(8) lsmsad(8)