Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help to create a script to parse log files Post 302443875 by pravin27 on Tuesday 10th of August 2010 10:01:36 AM
Old 08-10-2010
Provide the output according to input you posted , because I have not understood why you have not consider S1 and "close" action type.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripts that parse log files

hi all ,i would like a shell script that parses log files and checks the contents for any anonalities,please help,thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trueman82
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help w/ script to read file and parse log message

Hi, I am working on the script to parsing the specific message like "aaaa" in multiple log files like N1-***,N2-***,N3-***... The script is to find the list of lof files which contains the message "aaaa" and export the list into excel filE. Can anyone give help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyork2001
2 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

shell script that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching pattern

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itian2010
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a Script - Parse the log backup

Hello all, I need a script to parse the backup logs. I am newbie to scripting, please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep007
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i parse my Unix log files??

Hello, i would like to parse Unix log files and i would like to use a Unix syslog analyzer. I'm going to use Eucalyptus and i would like to parse its log files. Is there any open source/free syslog parser?? Thanks, in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to parse results from TWO files

I am trying to parse two files and get data that does not match in one of the columns ( column 3 in my case ) Data for two files are as follows A.txt ===== abc 10 5 0 1 16 xyz 16 1 1 0 18 efg 30 8 0 2 40 ijk 22 2 0 1 25 B.txt ===== abc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: roger67
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse Log & Create Flow Diagram - Ideas/Tools

Hi, I would like to develop a script which parses the log file and generates a flow diagram ( graphical display ). We have an application, for understanding the sequence of functions call made, we have an debug line at "ENTRY/EXIT" of function. I have a small log parsing script which grep the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ennstate
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to parse all files in the folder

Hello Smart People! I have a perl script that will import xml data into an access db. I would like to modify it so it will automatcially parse through all xml files in the folder. I swa a post but couldnt get it working. her is what my scrip looks like, i only list the top if you need more... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowboymaverick
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Parse And Create Multiple Files Based on Field Value

Hello: I am working parsing a large input file which will be broken down into multiples based on the second field in the file, in this case: STORE. The idea is to create each file with the corresponding store number, for example: Report_$STORENUM_$DATETIMESTAMP , and obtaining the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ec012
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse log files

Hi all, We are having a sample log like .... test.log:2015.03.17 06:16:24 >> ABC.generateMethod() MethodAException while processing Request! DataForm: Header --- dtd: template.dtd, titleName: berger, requestId: 1503170032131, documentName: invoice123, hostName: acme.net, userName: userABC... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tandrei
10 Replies
close(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  close(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
close - Close an open channel. SYNOPSIS
close channelId _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Closes the channel given by channelId. ChannelId must be an identifier for an open channel such as a Tcl standard channel (stdin, stdout, or stderr), the return value from an | invocation of open or socket, or the result of a channel creation command provided by a Tcl extension. All buffered output is flushed to the channel's output device, any buffered input is discarded, the underlying file or device is closed, and channelId becomes unavailable for use. If the channel is blocking, the command does not return until all output is flushed. If the channel is nonblocking and there is unflushed | output, the channel remains open and the command returns immediately; output will be flushed in the background and the channel will be | closed when all the flushing is complete. If channelId is a blocking channel for a command pipeline then close waits for the child processes to complete. If the channel is shared between interpreters, then close makes channelId unavailable in the invoking interpreter but has no other effect | until all of the sharing interpreters have closed the channel. When the last interpreter in which the channel is registered invokes close, | the cleanup actions described above occur. See the interp command for a description of channel sharing. | Channels are automatically closed when an interpreter is destroyed and when the process exits. Channels are switched to blocking mode, to | ensure that all output is correctly flushed before the process exits. The command returns an empty string, and may generate an error if an error occurs while flushing output. SEE ALSO
file(n), open(n), socket(n), eof(n), Tcl_StandardChannels(3) KEYWORDS
blocking, channel, close, nonblocking Tcl 7.5 close(n)