Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Linear linked list node delete Post 302443848 by Praveen_218 on Tuesday 10th of August 2010 08:18:15 AM
Old 08-10-2010
Smilie

I'm thinking about what if when node numbered (N + 1) == NULL

??

i.e. when the current node itself is the last node of the chain and the list is a singly linked; does the same algorithm hold true ?

Its going to produce dangling pointers at (N - 1) th location, isn't it ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List linked files

A perl script that displays the list of files which have multiple links..! ls -l shows number of links in a field. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
0 Replies

2. Programming

linked list node with pointer to struct

Suppose to have: struct Tstudent { string name, surname; int matriculation_num; }; struct Tnode { Tstudent* student; Tnodo* next; } L;I want to deference that "student" pointer. For example, I tried with: *(L->student).matriculation_numbut it not worked, as terminal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
4 Replies

3. Programming

I need C++ Code for single linked list

I need C++ Code for single linked list With operations as 1)insert at any position 2)delete any 3)change the data of any position (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
2 Replies

4. Programming

c++ function to convert a linear list to circular list

hi all, i need a c++ function which converts a linear list to circular. presently i am working with two files. i.e., one linear list file. and one circular list file to do some operations. i thought it will be helpful if there is a function that converts a linear list to circular n undo the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidyaj
1 Replies

5. Programming

Help with linked list in C

i have this code typedef struct client_list { char *client_name; struct client_list * next; int client_socket_fd; } client; client *current, *head; head = NULL; char *h="test"; add_client(current, h, head, &client_socket_fd); ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
24 Replies

6. Programming

how do edit a node in a singly linked list in C?

If i have a linked list in C, how do I edit a node in it? Without ruining the whole list, by this i mean end up making it null or circular... (since it has to be linear and has to stop somewhere):wall: Can some one provide an example, making it have like 5 nodes, and then edit a string of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix linked-list placement

Hi, I am programming in kernel, and I want to use a double linked list that holds infos that every process could access and modify THIS list. So, I suppose it is a 'global' variable since every process(thread) can reach it, I am wondering where to put it? by changing some of the kernel files? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: louisTan
1 Replies

8. Programming

Help with linked list.

#include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> struct LinkedList { int val; struct LinkedList *next; }node; /*Creating a structure variable*/ typedef struct LinkedList Node; Node *start = NULL; int create(int i) { Node *temp = NULL; if (start == NULL) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prinsh
5 Replies

9. Programming

How to delete the last node in a linked list.?

How to delete the last node in a single linked list given only the pointer to last node ? Head node will not be given. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
5 Replies

10. Programming

How to reverse a linked list by traversing only once.?

Program to reverse a linked list by traversing only once. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
1 Replies
di_minor_next(3DEVINFO) 			       Device Information Library Functions				   di_minor_next(3DEVINFO)

NAME
di_minor_next - libdevinfo minor node traversal functions SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldevinfo [ library... ] #include <libdevinfo.h> di_minor_t di_minor_next(di_node_t node, di_minor_t minor); PARAMETERS
minor Handle to the current minor node or DI_MINOR_NIL. node Device node with which the minor node is associated. DESCRIPTION
The di_minor_next() function returns a handle to the next minor node for the device node node. If minor is DI_MINOR_NIL, a handle to the first minor node is returned. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a handle to the next minor node is returned. Otherwise, DI_MINOR_NIL is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The di_minor_next() function will fail if: EINVAL Invalid argument. ENOTSUP Minor node information is not available in snapshot. ENXIO End of minor node list. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libdevinfo(3LIB), attributes(5) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 1 Dec 1998 di_minor_next(3DEVINFO)