Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to list process connected to tcp port? Post 302443804 by rajamadhavan on Tuesday 10th of August 2010 05:31:47 AM
Old 08-10-2010
Ok. Sorry. I gave the option for linux. For HPUX, I find a related thread here...

To find pid from port number

not sure if this gives any solution...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

tcp problem with port

I am trying to connect via DBACCESS and Informix server to a server on a different computer. When I execute the connect command from dbaccess I get the following message, Exec format error cannot bind a name to the port. As far as I know the port is not being used by another client. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lopez
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting info from microannex connected to serial port A

Hi, is there a way to get information of an annex device connected to port A ? i need to get the I.P address of the annex and the port it connected to on the annex. dori (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the ip of the devices connected to a specific port.

H, I want to know the ip of the devices connected to a specific port. Suppose 2 s/m's are connected to port 3092. I want to get the ip of those system's . how do i get it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhumathikv
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Freeing up a serial port with a modem connected

I currently access a remote Unix server which has an external modem connected to one of it's serial ports (/dev/cua/b). At times, this server undergoes a hard reset and for some reason this disallows us from making use of the modem any longer. A hard reset of the modem always seems to fix the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebender1
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

close tcp port

Hello, I have a service running (ODBC) and every now and then it will hang and I will have to stop and restart the service. The problem is when I stop the service, it indeed stops the service, but netstat reports a tcp port still open with the fin_wait_2 status. Then I must close the client... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

6. Solaris

List TCP ports with process

Hello, One of our developers is asking for a command/script in Solaris similar to "netstat -anp" in Linux. He gave this output as an example: root@xxx:~# netstat -anp | grep LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:7937 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 16082/nsrexecd tcp 0 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vimes
7 Replies

7. Solaris

luxadm -e port shows one port not connected

hi i have a sun machine which has one hba 2ports; out of which one port says it is not connected # luxadm -e port /devices/pci@1d,700000/SUNW,qlc@1/fp@0,0:devctl CONNECTED /devices/pci@1d,700000/SUNW,qlc@1,1/fp@0,0:devctl NOT CONNECTED but both... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwesh
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCP port assignment

I have multiple processes running the same program on my linux machine. For each process I want to be able to use a unique (available) TCP port. I have thought of using netstat to check which ports are available for use however, the time-window between checking and selecting might expose some race... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timmylita
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

TCP port numbers reused

Hello all, I am loosing the diameter connection between two servers and when the connection is trying to comes up again i see the following message in the tracer. and after 1 second the connection resets. As far i know the connection stay in state TIME_WAIT for a while(60 seconds in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @dagio
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies
BGPD(8) 							  Version 0.97.3							   BGPD(8)

NAME
bgpd - a BGPv4, BGPv4+, BGPv4- routing engine for use with Quagga routing software SYNOPSIS
bgpd [ -dhrv ] [ -f config-file ] [ -i pid-file ] [ -p bgp-port-number ] [ -P port-number ] [ -A vty-address ] [ -u user ] [ -g group ] DESCRIPTION
bgpd is a routing component that works with the Quagga routing engine. OPTIONS
Options available for the bgpd command: -d, --daemon Runs in daemon mode, forking and exiting from tty. -f, --config-file config-file Specifies the config file to use for startup. If not specified this option will likely default to /usr/local/etc/bgpd.conf. -g, --group group Specify the group to run as. Default is quagga. -h, --help A brief message. -i, --pid_file pid-file When bgpd starts its process identifier is written to pid-file. The init system uses the recorded PID to stop or restart bgpd. The likely default is /var/run/bgpd.pid. -p, --bgp_port bgp-port-number Set the port that bgpd will listen to for bgp data. -P, --vty_port port-number Specify the port that the bgpd VTY will listen on. This defaults to 2605, as specified in /etc/services. -A, --vty_addr vty-address Specify the address that the bgpd VTY will listen on. Default is all interfaces. -u, --user user Specify the user to run as. Default is quagga. -r, --retain When the program terminates, retain routes added by bgpd. -v, --version Print the version and exit. FILES
/usr/local/sbin/bgpd The default location of the bgpd binary. /usr/local/etc/bgpd.conf The default location of the bgpd config file. $(PWD)/bgpd.log If the bgpd process is config'd to output logs to a file, then you will find this file in the directory where you started bgpd. WARNING
This man page is intended to be a quick reference for command line options. The definitive document is the Info file Quagga. DIAGNOSTICS
The bgpd process may log to standard output, to a VTY, to a log file, or through syslog to the system logs. bgpd supports many debugging options, see the Info file, or the source for details. SEE ALSO
ripd(8), ripngd(8), ospfd(8), ospf6d(8), isisd(8), zebra(8), vtysh(1) BUGS
bgpd eats bugs for breakfast. If you have food for the maintainers try http://bugzilla.quagga.net AUTHORS
See http://www.zebra.org and http://www.quagga.net or the Info file for an accurate list of authors. Quagga BGPD daemon 25 November 2004 BGPD(8)