Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu creating a new user with Desktop Post 302443758 by royalibrahim on Tuesday 10th of August 2010 03:25:03 AM
Old 08-10-2010
Ubuntu creating a new user with Desktop

Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 8.04 32-bit x86 m/c. I am using the following command to create an user.

Code:
useradd -d /home/new_user  -m  new_user  -s /bin/bash

But, I am not get to see the "Desktop" directory automatically created.

May I know how to create it by default?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. Ubuntu

UBUNTU 8.1 Desktop Edition not running after installation

I am a new Ubuntu user, installing Ubuntu on Windows XP . The installation process is successful but after installing when I login , it just freezes with a blank screen for both XClient scripts and GNOME sessions. I have given 10 GB space to the installation. Also i noticed that the time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: singla
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I link my Ubuntu desktop to a separate partition?

I have a dual boot system on my laptop running Windows 7 professional and Ubuntu 10.10. I would like my windows 7 desktop C:\users\username\Desktop and also my Ubuntu 10.10 desktop /home/username/Desktop to both save their files to the same location somewhere...perhaps /windows (a 40 gb win32... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Get file on our windows desktop from a ubuntu server

Hello, How can I please have a program automatically upload some files from a ubuntu server to my machine desktop that is running windows XP? I would like to be able to do that from the windows machine itself. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

How to Get Started on Ubuntu Desktop for the first time

Hello Everyone, I have been using RHEL from quite a while now on server system, but now i also want to use Linux as my Desktop/Laptop OS on my personal computer. So i downloaded the Ubuntu 12.04 yeserday as i have read alot about it being the most popular Linux Desktop OS. So guys could you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Installing latest Ubuntu on my desktop

I wish to install the latest ubuntu on my desktop. How do I go about doing this ? Also how do I create the superuser or admin once the installation is done ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaresh
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ubuntu desktop RAID1 boot problem.

Hello, I installed ubuntu desktop just recently in aim to create a RAID1 configuration using software RAID MDADM. I have the following configuration as fdisk -l reports: Disk /dev/sda: 223,6 GiB, 240057409536 bytes, 468862128 sectors Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reol
5 Replies
SYNCPACKAGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SYNCPACKAGE(1)

NAME
syncpackage - copy source packages from Debian to Ubuntu SYNOPSIS
syncpackage [options] <.dsc URL/path or package name> DESCRIPTION
syncpackage causes a source package to be copied from Debian to Ubuntu. syncpackage allows you to upload files with the same checksums of the Debian ones, as the common script used by Ubuntu archive administra- tors does, this way you can preserve source files integrity between the two distributions. syncpackage will detect source tarballs with mismatching checksums, and can perform fake syncs. WARNING
The use of syncpackage --no-lp, which generates a changes file to be directly uploaded to the Ubuntu primary archive or a PPA, is discour- aged by the Ubuntu Archive Administrators, as it introduces an unnecessary window for error. This only exists for backward compatibility, for unusual corner cases (such as fakesyncs), and for uploads to archives other than the Ubuntu primary archive. Omitting this option will cause Launchpad to perform the sync request directly, which is the preferred method for uploads to the Ubuntu primary archive. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help message and exit -d DIST, --distribution=DIST Debian distribution to sync from. Default is testing during LTS cycles, and unstable otherwise. -r RELEASE, --release=RELEASE Specify target Ubuntu release. Default: current development release. -V DEBVERSION, --debian-version=DEBVERSION Specify the version to sync from. -c COMPONENT, --component=COMPONENT Specify the component to sync from. -b BUG, --bug=BUG Mark a Launchpad bug as being fixed by this upload. -s USERNAME, --sponsor=USERNAME Sponsor the sync for USERNAME (a Launchpad username). -v, --verbose Display more progress information. -F, --fakesync Perform a fakesync, to work around a tarball mismatch between Debian and Ubuntu. This option ignores blacklisting, and performs a local sync. It implies --no-lp, and will leave a signed .changes file for you to upload. -f, --force Force sync over the top of Ubuntu changes. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. -l INSTANCE, --lpinstance=INSTANCE Launchpad instance to connect to (default: production). --simulate Show what would be done, but don't actually do it. LOCAL SYNC PREPARATION OPTIONS
Options that only apply when using --no-lp: --no-lp Construct sync locally, rather than letting Launchpad copy the package directly. It will leave a signed .changes file for you to upload. See the WARNING above. -n UPLOADER_NAME, --uploader-name=UPLOADER_NAME Use UPLOADER_NAME as the name of the maintainer for this upload instead of evaluating DEBFULLNAME and UBUMAIL. This option may only be used in --no-lp mode. -e UPLOADER_EMAIL, --uploader-email=UPLOADER_EMAIL Use UPLOADER_EMAIL as the email address of the maintainer for this upload instead of evaluating DEBEMAIL and UBUMAIL. This option may only be used in --no-lp mode. -k KEYID, --key=KEYID Specify the key ID to be used for signing. --dont-sign Do not sign the upload. -d DEBIAN_MIRROR, --debian-mirror=DEBIAN_MIRROR Use the specified mirror. Should be in the form http://ftp.debian.org/debian. If the package isn't found on this mirror, syncpack- age will fall back to the default mirror. -s UBUNTU_MIRROR, --debsec-mirror=UBUNTU_MIRROR Use the specified Debian security mirror. Should be in the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu. If the package isn't found on this mirror, syncpackage will fall back to the default mirror. ENVIRONMENT
DEBFULLNAME, DEBEMAIL, UBUMAIL Used to determine the uploader (if not supplied as options). See ubuntu-dev-tools(5) for details. All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. SYNCPACKAGE_DEBIAN_MIRROR, UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBIAN_MIRROR The default value for --debian-mirror. SYNCPACKAGE_UBUNTU_MIRROR, UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBSEC_MIRROR The default value for --ubuntu-mirror. SYNCPACKAGE_KEYID, UBUNTUTOOLS_KEYID The default value for --key. SEE ALSO
requestsync(1), ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHOR
syncpackage was written by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@canonical.com> and Benjamin Drung <bdrung@ubuntu.com>. This manual page were written by Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@ubuntu.com> Both are released under GNU General Public License, version 3. ubuntu-dev-tools June 2010 SYNCPACKAGE(1)