Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: renaming files globally
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting renaming files globally Post 302443623 by vedder191 on Monday 9th of August 2010 03:19:40 PM
Old 08-09-2010
Almost but it errors because it tries to append the "AAA" to the beginning of the entire directory. AAA/home/vedder191/AAA_revised cannot rename

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing globally

where is the best location in a system to install software globally for users to use. asuming your the sys admin. i know it might not matter, but just wondering. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: savage
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

renaming the files

Hi All, Today I got a small problem while handling zipped files in PROD support. There are files in this format and I had to grep them reading some contents A.B.gz.C.D where A,B,C and D stand for variables (like FIRST.NAME.gz.MIDDLE.LAST). I know that these files are zipped files and If I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adurga
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming Files

Hi Alll, I have a script that we use on the servers to change the name of files that have spaces in the name: #!/bin/tcsh set n = 0 foreach f ( * ) echo $f | grep " " if ( $? == 0 ) then mv "$f" `echo $f | sed -e "s/ /_/g"` @ n += 1 endif end echo $n changed I need to write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abch624
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming Files

Hi Alll, I have a script that we use on the servers to change the name of files that have spaces in the name: #!/bin/tcsh set n = 0 foreach f ( * ) echo $f | grep " " if ( $? == 0 ) then mv "$f" `echo $f | sed -e "s/ /_/g"` @ n += 1 endif end echo $n changed I need to write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abch624
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming files or adding a name in the beginning of all files in a folder

Hi All I have a folder that contains hundreds of file with a names 3.msa 4.msa 21.msa 6.msa 345.msa 456.msa 98.msa ... ... ... I need rename each of this file by adding "core_" in the begiining of each file such as core_3.msa core_4.msa core_21.msa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming Files With 2 .

Dear All expertise.. just wanna ask if there is a way on how to change the filename as per below sample:- filename:- cob120514093156.03.466926330 CCBS-CPMM_SEND_COB_120514_100549_3.rpt to convert to:- cob120514093156.03.466926330.bd (rename from cob120514093156.03.466926330) ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: yokomo
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming multiple files in sftp server in a get files script

Hi, In sftp script to get files, I have to rename all the files which I am picking. Rename command does not work here. Is there any way to do this? I am using #!/bin/ksh For eg: sftp user@host <<EOF cd /path get *.txt rename *.txt *.txt.done ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming Files

I have a directory with a long list of files. I want to change their names such that the first letter of the name of the author is capitalised. I have tried the following command and did not get what I require. rename 'y/....../....../' *.pdf 2007--nystrom--Diss.pdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Danette
1 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD