Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding a string inside A Tag Post 302443545 by Franklin52 on Monday 9th of August 2010 07:47:41 AM
Old 08-09-2010
Something like this?
Code:
awk '/^</ && /Login=/' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding text inside file

Hi everyone I have a small problem i cant find a soloution to... I'm using digital unix and have to find out all the files which have a certain string inside them and i dont know how to do it. *This search is done as root. *All files from '/' to the last directory should be searched for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dindan100
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing string between a xml tag

Hi All, I have an XML-: <ProcId>CES_P5010_AddVLan</ProcId> <DataVersion>yxcxycyxcycyxc</DataVersion> <JobId>OR3000055-002-1</JobId> </CesHeader> <VLanServiceList> <NopId>blu</NopId> </VLanServiceList> <StatusNPA>2</StatusNPA> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_iti
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract value inside <text> tag for a particular condition.

Hi All! I have obtained following output from a tool "pdftohtml" :: So, my input is as under: <text top="246" left="160" width="84" height="16" font="3">Business purpose</text> <text top="260" left="506" width="220" height="16" font="3">giving the right information and new insights... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding files with a certain name string inside of another file.

Hi, I have a very large file that contains a listing of all files on the system. I need to create a listing from that file of all files that start with the following format: s???_*, whereas the '?' represents characters, so the file name begins with an 's' followed by three other characters and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tes218
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove string inside html tag <a>

Does anybody know how i can remove string from <a> tag? There are several hundred posts in a few forums that need to be cleaned up. The precise situation is ---------- <a href="http://mydomain.com/cgi-bin/anyboard.cgi?fvp=/family/sexuality_and_spirituality/&cmd=rA&cG=43"> ------------- my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
6 Replies

6. Programming

Deciphering a tag character string

I have a string, eg 7f30.3 and I want to store things in the following way npos = 7 decform = true width = 30 ndp = 3 I need to read each character one by one. I am coding in fortran but I can try to code it should answer be given in C in the above way. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string from html tag

Hi I am new to string extractions in shell script... I am trying to extract a string such as #1753 from html tag looks like below. <a class="model-link tl-tr" href="lastSuccessfulBuild/">Last successful build (#1753), 40 min ago</a> and want the value as 1753 Could someone help me to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicharbo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i find texts inside a html tag using sed?

How can i find texts inside a html tag using sed? Html texts: What i tried: cat infile | sed -e 's/\(<kbd*\)\(.*\)\(kbd>\)/\2/ Expected result like this: sed -i -e 's/@colophon/@@colophon/' \ -e 's/doc@cygnus.com/doc@@cygnus.com/' bfd/doc/bfd.texinfo (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check empty string in an XML tag?

I have an XML tag <abc> which is empty as <abc></abc>.If the the tag is empty I want to flag the file as bad. Please help. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneeta13
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print string if tag is specific value

In the below awk I am trying to print expName only if another tag planExecuted is true. In addition to the expName I am also printing planShortID. For some reason the word experiment gets printed so I remove it with sed. I have attached the complete index.html as well as included a sample of it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
HTML::Filter(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   HTML::Filter(3)

NAME
HTML::Filter - Filter HTML text through the parser NOTE
This module is deprecated. The "HTML::Parser" now provides the functionally of "HTML::Filter" much more efficiently with the the "default" handler. SYNOPSIS
require HTML::Filter; $p = HTML::Filter->new->parse_file("index.html"); DESCRIPTION
"HTML::Filter" is an HTML parser that by default prints the original text of each HTML element (a slow version of cat(1) basically). The callback methods may be overridden to modify the filtering for some HTML elements and you can override output() method which is called to print the HTML text. "HTML::Filter" is a subclass of "HTML::Parser". This means that the document should be given to the parser by calling the $p->parse() or $p->parse_file() methods. EXAMPLES
The first example is a filter that will remove all comments from an HTML file. This is achieved by simply overriding the comment method to do nothing. package CommentStripper; require HTML::Filter; @ISA=qw(HTML::Filter); sub comment { } # ignore comments The second example shows a filter that will remove any <TABLE>s found in the HTML file. We specialize the start() and end() methods to count table tags and then make output not happen when inside a table. package TableStripper; require HTML::Filter; @ISA=qw(HTML::Filter); sub start { my $self = shift; $self->{table_seen}++ if $_[0] eq "table"; $self->SUPER::start(@_); } sub end { my $self = shift; $self->SUPER::end(@_); $self->{table_seen}-- if $_[0] eq "table"; } sub output { my $self = shift; unless ($self->{table_seen}) { $self->SUPER::output(@_); } } If you want to collect the parsed text internally you might want to do something like this: package FilterIntoString; require HTML::Filter; @ISA=qw(HTML::Filter); sub output { push(@{$_[0]->{fhtml}}, $_[1]) } sub filtered_html { join("", @{$_[0]->{fhtml}}) } SEE ALSO
HTML::Parser COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1997-1999 Gisle Aas. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2008-04-04 HTML::Filter(3)