Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to backup IGNITE not with Make_recovery_tape? Post 302443491 by shatztal on Monday 9th of August 2010 04:16:45 AM
Old 08-09-2010
How to backup IGNITE not with Make_recovery_tape?

Hello,
i have a HPUX 11.11 System. i want to back it up and i did it alredy but i cannot remember how i did that , cause when i try to do make_recovery_tape it doesn't work , it there maybe any other way?

when i do Swlist | grep -i ignite i get the Following OutPUt:

IGNITE C.7.5.142 HP-UX Installation Utilities (Ignite-UX)
Ignite-UX-11-11 C.7.5.142 HP-UX Installation Utilities for Installing 11.11 Systems

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ignite tapes

can any1 tell me how to make ignite tapes for the HP-ux. this company said it was: "make_tape_recovery_A", but that don't work. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JBX
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

without an ignite server ??

system: HP-UX 10.20 with HFS mounted. How can I convert the HFS to VxFS without an ignite server ? Is this possible ? thanks simon2000 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Listing the Ignite Backup tape

HI All I have created the bootable recovery tape using the ignite command make_tape_recovery, I need help for the command to list the content recorded in that tape. Regards, Gege:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cgege
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UX Ignite server

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I can't find this particual problem. I've had an Ignite server running for years on a small internal network with images we load on daily basis. Tried to load two servers, L2000 and C3600 , both with same problem. # boot lan.192.168.2.2 install ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddeblance
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Need Ignite for HP-UX 10.20

Hello All, I need to bring down our old 9000 series d350, but my supervisor wants an ignite backup created. I cannot find ignite in the usual places (/opt/ignite) nor can I find it in swlist. As far as I can tell the cd's are long gone. Is there anywhere else I could look for ignite being... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stay0ut
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

vpar ignite

Hi Can I use a vpar as an ignite server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahlathini
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Ignite and HP-UX 09.XX

I am looking to make bootable tape backups of four machines running HP-UX 09.02, 09.05 and 09.07. I successfully located Ignite 10.20 and installed it and made a backup on the one machine running HP-UX 10.20. I am having trouble locating information about Ignite for HP-UX 9. Does it exist? Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whack_job
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

Ignite - make_net_recovery

I've read the Ignite User/Admin Guide but I'm having trouble figuring out if I can do a make_net_recovery if the ignite server and client server are on completely different networks? If this can be done is there any special configuration? If I initiate the command from the server it looks like it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

Ignite

Hi Does anybody know how to get hold of a very old (A.3.7.n) copy of the ignite software depot for HP-UX 10.20? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregsih
7 Replies
VGCFGBACKUP(8)                                                System Manager's Manual                                               VGCFGBACKUP(8)

NAME
vgcfgbackup - backup volume group descriptor area SYNOPSIS
vgcfgbackup [-d|--debug] [-f|--file filename] [-h|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [-P|--partial] [-v|--verbose] [VolumeGroupName...] DESCRIPTION
vgcfgbackup allows you to backup the metadata of your volume groups. If you don't name any volume groups on the command line, all of them will be backed up. In a default installation, each volume group gets backed up into a separate file bearing the name of the volume group in the directory /etc/lvm/backup. You can write the backup to an alternative file using -f. In this case if you are backing up more than one volume group the filename is treated as a template, and %s gets replaced by the volume group name. NB. This DOESN'T backup user/system data in logical volume(s)! Backup /etc/lvm regularly too. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcfgrestore(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGCFGBACKUP(8)