Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculation in Multiple files using awk Post 302443467 by rdcwayx on Monday 9th of August 2010 03:01:10 AM
Old 08-09-2010
In your sample files, there are some hide spaces (guess you typed them carelessly), that's why it makes a little complex in Christoph Spohr's code.

Below command should be simple, and maybe works with your real data files.
Code:
awk -F , '{a[$2 FS $3 FS $4]+=$1}END{for (i in a) print a[i],i}' sample*.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting input files into multiple files through AWK command

Hi, I needs to split *.txt files from single directory depends on the some mutltiple input values. i have wrote the code like below for file in *.txt do grep -i -h "value1|value2" $file > $file; done. My requirment is more input values needs to be given in grep; let us say 50... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple search string in multiple files using awk

Hi, filenames: contains name of list of files to search in. placelist contains the names of places to be searched in all files in "filenames" for i in $(<filenames) do egrep -f placelist $i if ] then echo $i fi done >> outputfile Output i am getting: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract multiple cloumns from multiple files; skip rows and include filenames; awk

Hello, I am trying to write a bash shell script that does the following: 1.Finds all *.txt files within my directory of interest 2. reads each of the files (25 files) one by one (tab-delimited format and have the same data format) 3. skips the first 10 rows of the file 4. extracts and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishabh
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

best method of replacing multiple strings in multiple files - sed or awk? most simple preferred :)

Hi guys, say I have a few files in a directory (58 text files or somthing) each one contains mulitple strings that I wish to replace with other strings so in these 58 files I'm looking for say the following strings: JAM (replace with BUTTER) BREAD (replace with CRACKER) SCOOP (replace... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
19 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using AWK: Extract data from multiple files and output to multiple new files

Hi, I'd like to process multiple files. For example: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Each file contains several lines of data. I want to extract a piece of data and output it to a new file. file1.txt ----> newfile1.txt file2.txt ----> newfile2.txt file3.txt ----> newfile3.txt Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo multiple variable with calculation

$total=500 echo "scale=2; $val1*100/$total" | bc echo "scale=2; $val2*100*100/$total" | bc echo "scale=2; $val3*100/$total" | bc I want to make the above code to be accomplish in a single echo line. For instance output:21.3, 44.2, 51.6 How to achieve that, some one please help, i just... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvin0618
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform 3 awk commands to multiple files in multiple directories

Hi, I have a directory /home/datasets/ which contains a bunch (720) of subdirectories called hour_1/ hour_2/ etc..etc.. in each of these there is a single text file called (hour_1.txt in hour_1/ , hour_2.txt for hour_2/ etc..etc..) and i would like to do some text processing in them. Each of... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
20 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, multiple files input and multiple files output

Hi! I'm new in awk and I need some help. I have a folder with a lot of files and I need that awk do something in each file and print a new file with the output. The input file name should be modified when I print the outpu files. Thanks in advance for help! :-) ciao (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabrysfe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Column Calculation

Hallo Team, I need you you help. I need to sum up all the columns in a .csv file. Lets call the file file1.csv and it looks like below: $ cat file1.csv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split and awk calculation in the same command

I am trying to run the awk below. My question is when I split the input, then run anotherawk to perform a calculation using that splitas the input there are no issues. When I try to combine them the output is not correct, is the split not working or did I do it wrong? Thank you :). input ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies
RDSWAP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RDSWAP(1)

["NAME"]
       rdswap - a multi-language RD documents support tool

["SYNOPSIS"]
       rdswap [ -h | -v ] filename ...

["DESCRIPTION"]
       This tool is written to support you to write multi-language documents using the Ruby-Document-Format (RD).

The idea for such a tool was originated by Minero Aoki, how has thought about, how to make life easier for developers who have to write and
       maintain scripts in more than one language.

You have to specify at least two filenames on the command line. One containing the Ruby script, the second containing a translated  RD.	If
       the  script  does  not  end  with `.rb', it has to be the first filename mentioned on the command line! In opposition, all files containing
       translations must not ending with `.rb'! They should use a extension that describes the language. So that would give us the following  pic-
       ture:

o sample.rb : Script contains the original documentation.

o sample.jp : Documentation written in Japanese.

o sample.de : Translation to German.

The  tool doesn't care about the language extensions. You can name them as you like! So the file containing the Japanese translation above,
       could also be names e.g. `sample.japan' or even `japantranslation.japan'.

For every translation file, a new file will be created. The name is build from the script filename plus the language extension. So  regard-
       ing the example above, following files would be created:

o sample.rb.jp

o sample.rb.de

or, given the alternative translation filename as mentioned above...

o sample.rb.japan

["How does it work?"]
       The  contents  of all files will be split into source and RD blocks. The source of the translation files, will be discarded! Every RD block
       may be of a certain type. The type will be taken from the contents directly following the `=begin' on the same line. If	there  is  only  a
       lonely `=begin' on a line by itself, the type of the block is `nil'. That means in
	   # File sample.rd
	   :
	   =begin
	    bla bla
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin whatever or not
	    blub blub
	   =end
	   :

the first block would be of type `nil' and the second one of type `whatever or not'.

Block  types  are  important for the translation. If a source will be generated from a script and a translation file, only these blocks are
       taken from the translation files, that comes in the right sequence and contains the same type as the block in the script! For example:
	   # File sample.rb
	   :
	   =begin gnark
	    Some comment
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin
	    block 2
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin
	    block 3
	   =end
	   :

# File sample.de
	   :
	   =begin
	    Block zwei
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin
	    Block drei
	   =end
	   :

Here, the first block of `sample.rb' will *not* be translated, as there is no translation block with that type in sample.de! So	the  first
       block  would  be  inserted as-it-is into the translated script. The blocks afterwards, however, are translated as the block type does match
       (it is `nil' there).

Attention: In a translation file, a second block will only be used, if a first one was already used (matched). A third block will  only	be
       used, if a second one was used already!

That  means,  if the first block of `sample.de' would be of type e.g. `Never match', then no block would ever be taken to replace anyone of
       `sample.rb'.

["OPTIONS"]
       ["-h"]
	      shows this help text.

["-v"]
	      shows some more text during processing.

["filename"]
	      means a file, that contains RD and/or Ruby code.

["EXAMPLES"]
	   rdswap -v sample.rb sample.ja sample.de
	   rdswap -v sample.ja sample.rb sample.de
	   rdswap -v sample.ja sample.de sample.rb
	   rdswap -v sample.??

["AUTHORS"]
       Clemens Hintze <c.hintze@gmx.net>.

June 2012								 RDSWAP(1)