Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: set permanent ulimit
Operating Systems HP-UX set permanent ulimit Post 302442908 by hedkandi on Thursday 5th of August 2010 10:40:13 PM
Old 08-05-2010
Yup I know, the same for AIX, its set at /etc/security/

Having hard time with HP-UX here

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I set permanent setenv !!!

Hello, I just want to know ow I can set permanent pathes or whatever using setenv command. I'm using c shell . regards, me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geoquest
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make ulimit change permanent

ulimit -a gives the following output:$ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) 2097152 data(kbytes) 131072 stack(kbytes) 16384 memory(kbytes) unlimited coredump(blocks) 32768 nofiles(descriptors) 400 vmemory(kbytes) 147456 Abot output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nervous
3 Replies

3. AIX

how to set the ulimit on AIX 5.2 version?

how to set the ulimit on AIX 5.2 version? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shilpi
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

set Ulimit data segment to Unlimited

Hi, as per my Unix admin all parameters in Ulimit are set to Unlimited in Hard limits but some how few profiles setting data segment part to limited number value. So i wanted to over write in my profile to set unlimited as hard limits are set to unlimited. What is the command to set ulimit for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terala_s
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Permanent changes to PATH

Hi guys, I'm running Solars 8 on a V100 server at home for testing. If I switch user to root and do: # echo $PATH This is the output: /usr/sbin:/usr/bin I'm using rsync over ssh and need to add /usr/local/bin and /user/local/sbin. I do this by running the line: #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to set permanent variables

I set my TERM variable to work with SMIT and everything works fine but when I logged out and log in again I have to set the variable again. How can I set a permanent variable into the system so it will be as I wish even if a reboot is needed? I set variables this way: export VAR=value (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 9 -- unable to set permanent PATH

Hi, I've read forums far and wide trying to learn how to append to my PATH in Solaris 9 and every time I think I am close I discover my system is not configured the same. Its so frustrating because this all stems from a new server I am trying to setup identical to the production machine. (Of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoraddict
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rm non-permanent delete

I read this article as a way to do a non-permanent of something. I saw 2 problems. The first that my rm is located at /bin/rm. I would assume I would change the location to /bin/rm. The second my rm is a executable file and not a text file. So will replacing my rm file with the shellscript... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

9. Solaris

How to set permanent aliases?

Hi All On my Solaris 10 X86, under my root directory I have a file called Aliases. It is owned by root (root:root) and the user (I mean root) has rwx permissions. In this file I have set some aliases like the following alias a="cd /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppAerver/Profiles" When I run the above... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set variable permanent in csh?

We are using csh on our AIX platform, if we have to export/set a specific environment variable we use setenv command but its only valid till session. How do we set that variable permanent in our csh AIX? Do we put it in userprofile file or something else? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixusrsys
1 Replies
plimit(1)							   User Commands							 plimit(1)

NAME
plimit - get or set the resource limits of running processes SYNOPSIS
plimit [-km] pid... plimit {-cdfnstv} soft,hard... pid... DESCRIPTION
If one or more of the cdfnstv options is specified, plimit sets the soft (current) limit and/or the hard (maximum) limit of the indicated resource(s) in the processes identified by the process-ID list, pid. Otherwise plimit reports the resource limits of the processes identi- fied by the process-ID list, pid. Only the owner of a process or the super-user is permitted either to get or to set the resource limits of a process. Only the super-user can increase the hard limit. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -k On output, show file sizes in kilobytes (1024 bytes) rather than in 512-byte blocks. -m On output, show file and memory sizes in megabytes (1024*1024 bytes). The remainder of the options are used to change specified resource limits. They each accept an argument of the form: soft,hard where soft specifies the soft (current) limit and hard specifies the hard (maximum) limit. If the hard limit is not specified, the comma may be omitted. If the soft limit is an empty string, only the hard limit is set. Each limit is either the literal string unlimited, or a number, with an optional scaling factor, as follows: nk n kilobytes nm n megabytes (minutes for CPU time) nh n hours (for CPU time only) mm:ss minutes and seconds (for CPU time only) The soft limit cannot exceed the hard limit. -c soft,hard Set core file size limits (default unit is 512-byte blocks). -d soft,hard Set data segment (heap) size limits (default unit is kilobytes). -f soft,hard Set file size limits (default unit is 512-byte blocks). -n soft,hard Set file descriptor limits (no default unit). -s soft,hard Set stack segment size limits (default unit is kilobytes). -t soft,hard Set CPU time limits (default unit is seconds). -v soft,hard Set virtual memory size limits (default unit is kilobytes). OPERANDS
The following operands are supported. pid Process ID list. EXIT STATUS
plimit returns the exit value zero on success, non-zero on failure (such as no such process, permission denied, or invalid option). FILES
/proc/pid/* process information and control files ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ulimit(1), proc(1), getrlimit(2), setrlimit(2), proc(4), attributes(5), SunOS 5.10 8 Jun 1998 plimit(1)