Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in writing a script to create a new text file with specific data from existing two files Post 302442884 by shashi143ibm on Thursday 5th of August 2010 07:44:26 PM
Old 08-05-2010
Error Need help in writing a script to create a new text file with specific data from existing two files

Hi,

I have two text files. Need to create a third text file extracting specific data from first two existing files..

Text File 1: Format contains:

SQL*Loader: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Wed Aug 4 21:06:34 2010

some text ............so on...and somwhere text like:
Record 1: Rejected - Error on table STAGE_DEN_CLM_HDR, column PAT_BRTH_DT.ORA-01861: literal does not match format string
Record 43: Rejected - Error on table STAGE_GEN_CLM_HDR, column PAT_BRTH_DT ORA-01861: literal does not match format string.

Text 2: Format contains:
214 ....0100119400831FSUBXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
214....010011940789546SUBXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Text 3: should contain like this.

All the Text 2 information should come in Text file3. Alsoo condition is>

I should get all the record errors in Text file 1 should appear in Text file 3.
Format should be like:
214 ....0100119400831FSUBXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Rejected - Error on table STAGE_DEN_CLM_HDR, column PAT_BRTH_DT.ORA-01861: literal does not match format string
214....010011940789546SUBXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Rejected - Error on table STAGE_GEN_CLM_HDR, column PAT_BRTH_DT ORA-01861: literal does not match format string.

This should work for any number of record errors in text 1.

Note: a)In Text file 2, All records start with 214 and ends with XXXXX...
b) In Text File 1, Record # is the word followed by error in record.

Request is to create a Text file3 with record failures.

Please help me on this. Hope i get some help today.

Thanks and Regards,
Shashi.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help for a perl script - writing to a data file

Hi, Here is my problem.. i have 2 files (file1, file2).. i have wrote the last two lines and first 4 lines of "file2" into two different variables .. say.. my $firstrec = `head -4 $file2`; my $lastrec = `tail -2 $file2`; and i write the rest of the file2 to a tmpfile and cat it with head... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from a specific line in a text file

hello, I have got the following problem that I am hoping someone can help with please. 1. I have got the following text file (below) , the columns data are 'Test Day', 'Board', 'Betting Number'. TEXT FILE ============================================ 1 3 02-01-27-28-29-30 0 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jermaine4ever
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from a specific line in a text file

Hello, I have a problem which is giving me headache for days, can some please help. Please see code and text fiel below. Please see text in red for the problem I am facing # Program gets an input x from user while read line ; do echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jermaine4ever
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing data in a text file at particular line

I need to write value of variable $version at a particular line in a text file. Line number is determined by another variable &line......I don't know how to do it in shell script ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: punitpa
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a text file whose content is the text of another files

Hello everyone, I work under Ubuntu 11.10 (c-shell) I need a script to create a new text file whose content is the text of another text files that are in the directory $DIRMAIL at this moment. I will show you an example: - On the one hand, there is a directory $DIRMAIL where there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenteyu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a report for client with a text data file

Hi, I am an amateur bash scriptwriter and I need to write a script which creates a report in a formatted, easy to read table-like that is displayed to standard output. The script has to export the followings: Process ID,User Name, Command Name,Priority..... Now I have a file that I can see all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting text files to xls through awk script for specific data format

Dear Friends, I am in urgent need for awk/sed/sh script for converting a specific data format (.txt) to .xls. The input is as follows: >gi|1234|ref| Query = 1 - 65, Target = 1677 - 1733 Score = 8.38, E = 0.6529, P = 0.0001513, GC = 46 fd sdfsdfsdfsdf fsdfdsfdfdfdfdfdf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit1
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read all data after a specific string from a text file ?

Hi, I have a file(input.txt) and trying to format as output.txt. See the attached file format. Note: This is a windows file (DOS format) and the commands are also going to execute on windows. Basically I am trying to capture all the data in between Local Group Memberships and Global Group... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monoj2014
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create file based on data from two other files

I have looked through several threads regarding merging files with awk and attempted using join however have been unsuccessful likely as I do not fully understand awk. What I am attempting is to take a csv file which could be between 1 and 15,000 lines with 5 colums and another csv file that will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdubu2
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python DictWriter header - not writing in first line of existing file

Hello I am facing a very unique problem and not able to understand why. I have written a function which will check header of the file. If header is present good else it will write the header on top def writeHeaderOutputCSV(fileName): # See if the file exist already try: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: radioactive9
0 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)