Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use a variable in insert query? Post 302442704 by savithavijay on Thursday 5th of August 2010 06:54:28 AM
Old 08-05-2010
How to use a variable in insert query?

My script contains as follows,

Code:
VALUE=`sqlplus un/pwd <<EOF > OB.txt
set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off
select max(1) from table1;
exit;
EOF`

insert into table2 values(1, 'The max value is $value',...);

i need the value of VALUE to be inserted after 'The max value is '.
please help

Last edited by pludi; 08-05-2010 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to insert text using variable

Hi i have a dilemma I need to write a script that takes two arguments. The first being a line of text, the second being a newly created file. The script should take the first argument and insert it into the very top ( the first line) of the file named in your second argument. Note! The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mopimp
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line including Variable & Carriage Return / sed command as Variable

I want to instert Category:XXXXX into the 2. line something like this should work, but I have somewhere the wrong sytanx. something with the linebreak goes wrong: sed "2i\\${n}Category:$cat\n" Sample: Titel Blahh Blahh abllk sdhsd sjdhf Blahh Blah Blahh Blahh Should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to create a insert query for a file

Hi Guys, I need to create a insert query for the below file Fri Sep 4 06:25:51 2009 ACTION : 'CREATE INDEX S100S_DC.PLInsuranceReportRules_testI1 ON S100S_DC.PLInsuranceReportRules_test1(ENTITY_KEY)' DATABASE USER: '/' PRIVILEGE : SYSDBA CLIENT USER: oracle CLIENT TERMINAL: pts/3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
6 Replies

5. Programming

SQL : Fine tune Insert by query

i would like to know how can i fine tune the following query since the cost of the query is too high .. insert into temp temp_1 select a,b,c,d from xxxx .. database used is IDS.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: expert
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Forming an insert query using awk

Hi, I'm trying to form an insert sql query using shell programming. I have table named company with four columns 'company name', 'company id', 'company code' and 'last change id' I have to read the company name, company code and last change id from a file delimited by | which has around 10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_s
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert variable into awk

I'm trying to insert a filename into awk. filename="12345.wmv" I have tried this: awk '/$filename/{print $0}' infile and this: awk -v fn=$filename '/$fn/{print $0}' infile How do I insert the variable into awk? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

8. Programming

insert query help

Hello i want help to load data from file into mysql DB this part i know how to do but during loading i want to combine 2 fields into 1 field and insert into db as primary key in new column thanks advice how to do so (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert query with shell variable with AWK

Hi, I'm a first timer with Unix so pardon my ignorance. I'm trying to read a comma separated file from the same folder where the script is and insert the value in a DB2 table. I'm using AWK for the same. I'm getting `)' not expected error. I'm not sure but for me it doesn't look like detailed... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kabira Speaking
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

From sql Insert Query to XML format

Hi How do I translate Let say Cat inserts.sql gives Insert into PM9_TAXATION_ROUNDING (STATE_GECODE, TAX_TYPE, TAX_AUTHORITY, SYS_CREATION_DATE, SYS_UPDATE_DATE, APPLICATION_ID, DL_SERVICE_CODE, ROUNDING_METHOD) Values ('xx', 'xx', 'x', TO_DATE('10/26/2012 13:01:20',... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuj87in
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)