Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX HACMP Active/Passive Config Post 302441892 by mk8570 on Monday 2nd of August 2010 11:27:23 PM
Old 08-03-2010
AIX HACMP Active/Passive Config

I have a HACMP 6.1 configured in a active/passive. I have 1 NIC with 3 IP address on (Boot, Persistent and Service ) . All address are routable.
One of the application on the HA cluster is also using Boot Ip to send application data.

Question : Since all the traffic is passing thru the same NIC , Does it matter if the Boot Ip address is also used by application ?

I understand that Boot Ip is strictly for HA purpose and is used for heart beat messages, but it would be helpful if someone can answer this question ?

TIA

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Using AIX HACMP and NFS together

Hi, need advice on this. Is it possible to assign a mountpoint from a SAN storage to server1 & server2. Use NFS to the same mountpoint from server2 so that concurrent access is allowed. Can this setup be used together with HACMP? If server1 crash, the mountpoint resource will swing to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
8 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 6.1 and NFS problem after HACMP config

Hello folks, I am facing a problem with NFS after doing the HACMP configuration Issue : The showmount -e pr2serv at pr1serv ,it is only showing 1 mount exported /oracle , instead of showing all 7 as per /etc/exports file. issue : while mounting /oracle at pr1serv getting permission... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
8 Replies

3. AIX

HACMP 5.4 with AIX 5300-10 not working

I have two IBM_9110-51A boxes OS - fresh installs 5764-G03 TL 5300-10-00 disks dated 5/2009 HACMP - fresh installs HACMP for AIX 5L Base V5.4 5765-F62 dated 7/2006 Bottom line for smit output attempting 2 node cluster config ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrKillPatient
2 Replies

4. AIX

Question about HACMP for active-active mode

Hi all, I am new to HACMP. So sorry for the newie question. But I did search the forum and it seems that no one asks this before. So if a 2-node cluster runs in active-active mode (and the same application), what is the benefit of using HACMP ? If it runs in active-stanby, it is easy to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HACMP version for AIX 6.1

Hello. We are using AIX 5.3 with HACMP 5.4.1. At this moment AIX and clustering are using 2 servers. A third server is added. It does not seem to work with HACMP. Are there any controle checks? Thank you if you could help. Regards, Ynze van Aken Netherlands (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yvanaken
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

vsftp | active and passive ftp | iptables

I am using vsftp but I can't login with passive mode. I can only login with active mode. I can login with both mode when service of iptables is stop. In active mode : 20,21 must be open from server site. 1023 and over must be open at client site. In passive mode : only 21,1023 and over must be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getrue
1 Replies

7. AIX

Hacmp for aix 5.3

Hi where from i can get hacmp for studying pupose (trial ). I have AIX 5.3 TL 7 i googled. i didnt get any link. Please suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to check if HACMP is running on AIX node?

Hello AIX experts, I have few queries and appreciate if you could help me with them. 1. How to check if HACMP (or any other AIX OS cluster) is installed 2. How to check if HACMP (or any other AIX OS cluster) is running 3. how to check which Oracle DB instance is running on it 4. how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

9. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
pdc(1M) 																   pdc(1M)

NAME
pdc - processor-dependent code (firmware) DESCRIPTION
is the firmware that implements all processor-dependent functionality, including initialization and self-test of the processor. Upon com- pletion, it loads and transfers control to the initial system loader (isl(1M)). Firmware behavior varies somewhat, depending on the hard- ware as described below. To load from an external medium, must know the particular device on which resides. Typically the device is identified by the Primary Boot Path that is maintained by in Stable Storage. A path specification is an I/O subsystem mnemonic that varies according to hardware model. When the processor is reset after initialization and self-test complete, reads the Console Path from Stable Storage, and attempts to ini- tialize the console device. If the initialization fails, attempts to find and initialize a console device. Algorithms used to find a con- sole device are model-dependent. then announces the Primary Boot, Alternate Boot, and Console Paths. If (see isl(1M)) is enabled, provides a 10-second delay, during which time the operator can override the sequence by typing any character on the console. If the operator does not interrupt this process, initializes and reads from the Primary Boot Path. On models that support autosearch, if this path is not valid and (see isl(1M)) is enabled, then searches to find a bootable medium. If allowed to complete, a list of potentially bootable devices is displayed, labeled with abbreviated path identifiers (P0, P1, etc). A simple menu is then displayed where the user can: o Boot a specific device, using the abbreviated path identifier, or the full mnemonic. o Start a device search where the contents are searched for IPL images (note the first search only identified devices and did not check the contents). o Enter the boot administration level. o Exit the menu and return to autobooting o Get help on choices If the sequence is unsuccessful, overridden by the operator, or not enabled in the first place, interactively prompts the operator for the Boot Path to use. Any required path components that are not supplied default to zero. The Primary Boot, Alternate Boot, and Console Paths as well as and enable can be modified via SEE ALSO
boot(1M), isl(1M). PA-RISC Systems Only pdc(1M)