Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User locked
Operating Systems AIX User locked Post 302441620 by udtyuvaraj on Sunday 1st of August 2010 10:30:22 PM
Old 08-01-2010
User locked

hi,

how to unlock the user,,, i want the command to unlock the user orbit.....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Locked out of Mandrake 9.1 user account

Hi all, I've been using linux/unix now only for a couple of months and was doing ok until about 30 minutes ago... I needed to reboot into my windows 2000 partition, so, in a terminal I typed: shutdown -r now which duly rebooted the PC for me. On getting to the OS selection screen I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alarmcall
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

locked out!

:confused: I have an K580 HP server. All I did was change the IP address on the NIC and now I can't telnet into it. I can ping, but no telnet. Also, it won't boot if the console monitor is plugged in. ANY IDEAS??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncmurf00
1 Replies

3. Solaris

need script for locked and unused user accounts in /export/home directory

Hi all, i have to need one script: 1. it will capture the unused user accounts in /export/home directory. 2. it will capture the locked user accounts in /export/home directory. Note: locked accounts will show in /etc/passwd like /bin/false --> (instead of ksh it will show false) the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna176
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Particular user account shouldn't be locked after entering wrong passwd specfic no. times

Hi all In my system we have implemented user lockout feature after 3 failure attempt if he tries to login directly or if he run the any command through sudo and enter wrong password thrice. Now I have requirement in which particular user account shouldn't be locked when he run the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb200
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding AIX user accounts expired or locked

// AIX 6.1 In need of finding which AIX user accounts will be expired and are locked. I have placed the following parameters under /etc/security/user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP user getting locked out automatically

I need help. I have a ftp user which is used by other system to transfer file to my system. But somehow my ftp user gets locked out due to invalid failed logins by some source system and causing lots of problems. Also i am aware that user password is not expiring rather it is getting locked due to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP user getting locked out automatically

I need help. I have a ftp user which is used by other system to transfer file to my system. But somehow my ftp user gets locked out due to invalid failed logins by some source system and causing lots of problems. Also i am aware that user password is not expiring rather it is getting locked due to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
5 Replies

9. Solaris

User account get locked due to strange behaviours

I am facing strange problem where after three failed login attempt user password must be locked. Actually what is happening, when I take the putty session of the server & enter user name on the prompt at the login prompt & then press enter to enter the password at this time when I checked the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
10 Replies
SYSTEMKEYCHAIN(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 SYSTEMKEYCHAIN(8)

NAME
systemkeychain -- creates system keychains and allows keychains to unlock keychains SYNOPSIS
systemkeychain [-fv] [-k filename] [-C] [password] systemkeychain [-fvc] [-k filename] [-s] [file ...] systemkeychain [-v] [-k filename] [-t] DESCRIPTION
The systemkeychain can be used to create a system keychain, make it possible for a keychain to unlock another keychain, or test unlocking a keychain. The options are as follows: -C Create a keychain and establish it in the system as the primary system keychain whose unlocking is automatically handled by the sys- tem. The new keychain is empty. If the optional password argument is given, the keychain can be also be unlocked with that; other- wise, the keychain has no password and can only be unlocked by the system. The optional password option is generally used for test- ing purposes, and using it is not recommended. -s Extract the master secret from source keychain(s) and install them in a destination keychain to allow unlocking. -t Test unlocking the system keychain. -k systemKeychain Use a keychain other than the default as the destination system keychain. -c Create the target keychain if necessary. -f Force creation of a system keychain or overwriting of an existing key for keychain unlocking keychain operations. -v Turn on verbose mode. By default, systemkeychain works with the keychain file stored at /Library/Keychains/System.keychain . Use of the -k option can specify a different target file. Use of the -s option allows keychains to be setup to unlock other keychains. Chains of keychain unlocks can be setup in this manner to make a series of keychains unlock while only needing to manually unlock the first one. This functionality can be verified with the -t (test unlock) option. FILES
/Library/Keychains/System.keychain DIAGNOSTICS
The systemkeychain utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. HISTORY
The systemkeychain command appeared in Mac OS 10.2.0 . BSD
March 14, 2006 BSD